Lure Hsu (Asian Woman Aging Well) latest videos

it’s often said “most skin aging is caused by the sun” but it’s way more complicated than that.

Simply staying away from the sun all the time is not sufficient to look as young as she does, especially at such an advanced age.

She lives in Taiwan, which is full of UV rays, and she does go outside frequently enough. Even though she religiously applies sunscreen, sunscreen is not 100% effective and you have to apply it all the time.

2 Likes

Firstly, functional analysis of 1299 candidate CpGs causal to facial aging reveals
several highly significantly over-represented GO categories that are known to play
critical roles in skin aging. These include semaphorins, DNA repair, elastic fiber, and
collagen related gene-sets, mitochondria membrane gene-sets, metabolic processes, and
transmembrane transports of vitamins (e.g. thiamine) [Figure 3, Table S2].
Considered separately, damaging CpGs are enriched in collagen binding, multiple mitochondria-related gene-sets, vitamin (thiamine) transmembrane transport, hair
cell differentiation, and several others [Table S2]. Protective CpGs are enriched in
collagen formation, elastic fiber assembly, DNA biosynthetic process, Platelet-derived
growth factor receptor (PDGFR) signaling, bone, muscle, and neuron development
processes. Also, response to chemokines is significantly over-represented in protective

1 Like

Guys I’m sorry to break it to you, but Occam’s Razor here screams plastic surgery — South Korean women are notorious for it and the madness is spreading to other wealthy E Asian countries. Yes all things equal Asians age better because of skin thickness etc. and yes that lady stands out even so. But please, it’s a social media influencer we’re taking about here. It’s her job to look like that and make videos about it. A skilled plastic surgeon plus advanced skincare interventions (lasers, radiofrequency microneedling, plasma pen treatments, HA fillers, Botox) can do wonders. Don’t be so amazed.

4 Likes

Either a genetic gift, or plastic surgery, as medaura opines. The vids also talk about cosmetic products - sunscreen, moisturizer, etc. The first is not reproducible. The second, and third, not stuff I want to do.

Not relevant to my efforts, even if Lure Hsu looked like a teenager.

I thought this was interesting. I wonder if immune system robustness is the Key to youthfulness? A stronger immune system or an immune system that has better senescent clearance-and I’m sure there are large variations in the population, might point to the answer.

The core insight here is that if you look at the z-score of people whose facial aging is -2 SDs or below, there are still some people whose pace of aging is slightly higher than 1, so this is not a definitive measure [there is still A LOT OF NOISE]

=====

“At RAADfest, Strole and Bernadeane ruled over their host of digital acolytes with beaming smiles and inspirational speeches. When they first appeared on screen, the chat descended into fawning comments about how young they looked, and it was clear both of them had made considerable effort with their appearances. Bernadeane, the older of the pair at around eighty years old, wore tight black jeans, a white shirt with a black blazer, and a black tie draped loosely around her neck. She sported a metallic bob haircut and wore heavy dark eyeshadow. Strole, much taller, wore a sharp suit and tie and boasted a full head of shocking white hair. I found myself agreeing with the other attendees—neither looked their age.”

====

There’s a forum called ageless looks on longecity.org - sadly barely anyone of note browses this

2 Likes

Sinclair has definitely had a brow lift and probably a facelift as well. Nothing magical about it.

Hsu might be getting regular thread lifts and fat transfers (they don’t last in thin people). She probably also gets hyaluronic-based mesotherapy every month to add plumpness. I see surgery around the mouth, the corners turn up unnaturally, I think they call it a “smile lift.” All her pics are soft focus, heavily filtered. Someone once posted a link of her on a TV show. It was not high def and she did look great but more like her age.

Most of the images we see are heavily manipulated. You’ll have to see these people in person and get to know the telltale signs of surgery to get more jaded.

Having said that, it’s possible to look great at 60 and beyond but it does require ongoing surgical manipulation in addition to copious use of high UVA protective sunscreens/hats/visors/sunglasses, tretinoin or tazaortene, good diet, exercise, etc.

After the menopause, it’s harder for women to disguise the one true sign of facial aging, which is not skin quality (which is highly amenable to modification without surgery) or laxity (face/brow/necklifts), but bone loss. Some people get jaw, cheek, orbital, chin, and/or temple implants in addition to all these things.

Having said all that, I think the one true supreme outlier is Lee Gil Ya, a Korean physician and university president in her 90s. She’s obviously had a lot of surgical intervention but her speech and movements are those of a person decades younger.

3 Likes

What I find impressive is that she’s still working and active and seems very mentally healthy…

2 Likes

I think that’s key. Not retiring (and doing what you love) seems to be the way to go. Maybe it’s true only for certain professions, like STEM–something mentally challenging but not overtly stressful.

Personality comes into play, too. I am not sure that the ultra type-As and OCD types will fare all that well in the long run.

There is a pic of her with some former classmates at a reunion. The differences are remarkable.

4 Likes

We should find out her supplement stack. Anyone want to contact her?

For 90 years old, all of the women in that picture look to be in pretty good health. Although there probably are quite a few classmates who are unable to attend that reunion.

1 Like

Her classmates are all much thicker all over. I can’t see that being healthy, other than having plenty of reserves in case of extreme illness.

It’s very difficult maintain a decent waistline after menopause. My BMI has to dip well below 18.5 for a nicely defined waist. It’s 18.4 now.

Recently, some papers have stated that waist to height ratio may be a better health metric than BMI.

If so, I’d rather look like Seo Yea Ji. She’s 33 and her BMI is 14.9 but she looks healthy.

I’ve been as low as 16.9 but that was in youth. I’m not sure how healthy it would be for me now (one month short of age 60).

1 Like

I think @Krister_Kauppi should interview her for his podcast! :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

If she is taking Rapamycin then that could be an case interview in the podcast that I’m interested in doing but it will be later on because focus is now on trying to interview the key figures in the field. But if you or someone else find out something more on her regarding Rapamycin please let me know :pray:

1 Like

I want to see her children and grandchildren. If they have the same youthful looks, it is a genetic gift. If not, this is a result of cosmetic or surgical intervention; or both.

2 Likes

You can change your face, maybe body skin with cosmetic interventions, but her gait, moving, posture, speech can’t be result of any cosmetic intervention. This is far more impressive than looks.

1 Like

If I was a contestant, this would destroy my self esteem. Losing a beauty contest to a man…

It wouldn’t destroy mine bc it’s comparable to loosing to a robot. Nothing in that man is natural. His looks are the result of multiple interventions. It’s odd and grotesque imo that it was even allowed.

1 Like

The platysma typically start to separate at age 45. I am an extreme outlier as mine started to separate at 59. Most likely, she had her first face/neck lift at 60 and another every 7-10 years after. She’s still very impressive, though, for many other reasons.

During pregnancy, there is upregulation of the matrix metalloproteinases that break down collagen so as to accommodate the growing fetus. Multiple pregnancies take a heavy toll on a woman’s skin quality and increase laxity. This is more evident in European women compared to Asian or African women.

One of this particular woman’s great advantages was that she had no husband and no children.

And I want to see her close up high quality picture showing her ear.

1 Like