White Willow Bark extends lifespan by 475% in yeast

Down at the river it is willow heaven as the river meanders, taking good farm land and replacing it on the other side with white sand and willows. They’re about 4 feet high and easy picking, so I harvested a bunch and it occurs to me that knife scraping is hard work. I think new growth could just be pulverized and used as is. Wood tea won’t hurt you will it? How much to use? How long to boil?

Has anybody gotten a side effect I can use to see if I’m overdosing @Walter_Brown ?

3 Likes

I buy dried white willow bark (salix alba). I boil the bark (about two teaspoons) in roughly a cup of water. Bring to boil, then reduce heat and simmer for ten minutes. Then I remove from heat and let it steep for 30 minutes. Then I drink it. Not medical advice :joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

I’ve been told that I’m a really fun guy, but in this case I imagine that spelling counts. I am alas, not fungi.

I gave up on the home brew and bought white willow bark extract from bulk supplements. Just short of a quarter teaspoon, mix in water and drink fast. Chugchugchug. Because this shit tastes really bad. I thought juvenescence was bad (it is). This is worse.

3 Likes

Easier to just pop a WWB pill. I take 225mg salycin in the morning before I work out

Yes, I was lured in by the price. I have a 100 capsule filling machine I will use to do just that.

You need the whole bark as the active compound isn’t the acid

Mine says White Willow Bark Extract 4:1 (salix babylonica) (bark)

I suppose they extract with a chemical? I hope they know what they’re doing. Should have stuck with the hammer and the twigs from down by the river.

So the supplements that are sold don’t contain the good parts?

1 Like

No I think they do, but those good arts aren’t necessarily the salicylic acid

1 Like

I’m pretty sure the supplements are the whole bark with 15% of it being salicylic acid as indicated on the label

1 Like

Sounds perfect. Same as what I’m taking too, I put that in my “moonshot” category :blush:

1 Like

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC10663278/

Enveloped and non-enveloped anti viral…

5 Likes