What's products would you like being tested by the Intervention Testing Program of the NIH?

Hi

All is in the title ! :smiley:

1 Like

I will try spermidine because it can modulate gut microbiota and have effect even if the basal blood level of spermidine is unchanged after supplementation.
I will test D-glucosamine because I remembered a study where it particularly prolonged lifespan of female mouse.
And I will test Royal Jelly.

Do they only do small molecules? I would love to see them try Reishi mushrooms.

All of them! In combination.

1 Like
  • Glycine in combination with NAC
  • L-Ergothioneine and other mushroom extracts
  • Berberine
  • CA-AKG
  • Most interesting would be Butyric Acid.
1 Like

I would like to see a compound called “sarcosine” tried at high doses. This compound is interesting because it is like a very concentrated version of glycine. So a relatively small amount gets converted into a high equivalent dose of glycine (the amount of glycine needed for lifespan improvement effects is quite high and at some point the high doses are hard to tolerate from a gastro-intestinal standpoint.). So - much higher doses of “glycine” could be effectively tried by using substantial doses of sarcosine, without any GI side effects. And, because higher effective doses of sarcosine / glycine could be achieved, there may be more substantial lifespan improvement effects (e.g. they could try double or triple the PPM dosing of glycine used in the earlier glycine NIA ITP studies).

Wikipedia notes:

Sarcosine is metabolized to glycine by the enzyme sarcosine dehydrogenase

4 Likes

Add SAMe to these supplements. This an interesting compound. I am testing it out at the moment and it seems to work wonders for my joints and mobility.

Do they only do small molecules? I would love to see them try Reishi mushrooms.

Anything that can be standardized. They done fisetin, resveratrol, curcumin, green tea extract.

• selegiline
  • deuterated PUFAs (RT-001)
  • deuterated H2O
  • cannabinoids https://www.liebertpub.com/doi/10.1089/can.2020.0103
  • anti-retrovirals (for transposon activity)
  • e,e,e-methanofullerene(60)-63-tris malonic acid (des-ignated C3), is a potent catalytic superoxide dismutase mimetic which has shown neuroprotective efficacy in a number of animal models of neurologic disease - cf laura dugan
2 Likes