What is the Rapamycin Dose / Dosage for Anti-Aging or Longevity?

Yes, I measure my reps carefully (to track progress) and I go all-out, total failure. I get more reps after Rapa, and it does feel like a stimulant for me. If I take too much I can’t sleep well, which also seems to indicate it’s somehow a stimulant for me.

2 Likes

interesting . i thought it may have made me slightly stronger at times but i could not separate the effects if it was due to nmn nor creatine which i have also taken though not necessarily at the exact same time nor rapa necessarily on the day before

The question is how to find the right dose and is it enough for anti ageing

1 Like

Many anti-seizure medications ( Valproic acid, Gabapentine, Lyrica) and antidepressants/anti-anxiety medications like Duloxetine, Norepinephrin, Amitriptyline and others have been used for chronic pain, fibromyalgia, migraines.

1 Like

Btw, it you have blocked arteries I suggest reading the Paulding protocol. I had angina problem about 15 years ago and went on this protocol and within 3-4 months everything cleared up. After about 6 months i reduced the dose to a maintenance dose of 3grams of VitC and 3 grams of L-Lysine 3-4 times a week. Never had any other cardiovascular issue since, and I eat a lot of animal fats, love them. Do some research but I’ve heard thousands of stories that it actually worked. Just a thought, I have no horse in the race lol

2 Likes

Probably not with prednisone…

True. I was prescribed gabapentin and then lamotrigine (an unappreciated drug) for almost a year for residual neuropathy following spine surgery. Eventually I stopped the meds (a painful process weaning off gabapentin) and the pain went away.

1 Like

Or, it might have simply been the passage of time that reduced the pain. It’s extremely difficult to parse the source of pain reduction. Especially when you claim the vaccination as the starting point. The further away you go in time from that vaccination (if in fact it had any part in it—also impossible to know) the more likely your symptoms are to vanish with no intervention at all.

1 Like

I read above that a cycle of 8 weeks on / 5 weeks off has been tested. Do we have any other alternatives for cycles that people have tested?

2 Likes

This is a voluntary report of people using Rapamycin off label at different doses and frequencies. It’s probably the best report of safety in humans of different Rapamycing regimens.

5 Likes

Even accounting for possible placebo effects, the reports from rapamycin users are very positive.

“Rapamycin users generally reported perceived improvements in quality of life since beginning off-label use of rapamycin. Ratios of greater than 3:1 in agreement were observed for self-reported improvements in health, happiness, brain function, feelings of youthfulness, confidence, calmness, anxiety, and generalized aches and pains. Interestingly, greater than fivefold more rapamycin users agreed with the comment that “family/friends have commented that I look good” than disagreed, suggesting that these perceived self-benefits may also be apparent to others.”

This included people even taking rather small doses.

6 Likes

Why did you increase from 6mg qwk to 10mg? How did you decide to increase and then stop at that dose. Thx.

I am in that report… how I met Matt Kaeberlein. And, he suggested that I checkout rapamycin.news. Great advice.

By the way stud…
I like the new avatar - portrait. Killing it!

4 Likes

No - I don’t stop unless I get some illness that might be affected by Rapamycin. This is rare.

The good doctor shouts out Rapamycin.news and references some items from the forum. Glad to have you here Dr. Cohen!

8 Likes

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: Big Review paper: Targeting ageing with rapamycin and its derivatives in humans (LancetLongevity)

As a MD PhD, at 59, I found myself for unclear reasons needing a single vessel stent. Eye opening. I have always thought outside of the box but I don’t dare mention my taking rapamycin to my primary or my cardiologist. They already think I ask too many questions and only want to deal in 'Evidence-based medicine". I’ll be dead by then. So my journey begins with rapamycin on my own which is fine. Luckily I self-prescribe Rapaimmune to an Israeli pharmacy and while its expensive I am getting brand name and it’s not on my US pharmacy “list”. We will get no where with this using traditional medicine and evidence-based only, treating illness “after the fact”, Medicine 2.0. I truly believe Peter Attia and his Medicine 3.0 approach. This will not happen in my lifetime…

12 Likes

If people wait for the conventional medical system to apply “Evidence-based medicine” these people will be dead, waiting.

Quote I have posted numerous times

“If you wait until you are ready, it is almost certainly too late.” ~ Seth Godin

The real fact is if you wait for your “doctor” to give you an approval you will expire prematurely.

Make your own decisions you will live longer.

6 Likes

You probably don’t need medical advice from a farmer, but a bad CAC got me working on this problem and I found out through EDTA challenge that I had heavy metal issues, and I know I have high Iron issues as well. I’ve had hair tests and blood tests before but for some reason did not find out this was the problem until I did EDTA. It doesn’t really show up without the chelator scaring it out of the surrounding tissue. Obviously I don’t know how it works but I recommend this test. I feel a lot better and the studies I have read show a significant difference for people that fix this problem. Search for chelation therapy for heart disease up in the box here and I show my results and a bunch of links.

Also I noticed that (I think) Ray Kurzwell does EDTA every week? Unless he has a continuous flow of heavy metals coming into his body why would he be doing this? It’s a couple hundred bucks a throw. I’m using DMSA now which is oral, but works better for lead actually.

I doubt Rapa will help your problem, but shouldn’t hurt unless you overdo it. Good luck,

2 Likes

He has the re$ource$, cheap insurance.

EDTA celation, for reduce calcium buildup.

https://www.ahajournals.org/doi/10.1161/JAHA.121.024648