What is the Rapamycin Dose / Dosage for Anti-Aging or Longevity?

Even accounting for possible placebo effects, the reports from rapamycin users are very positive.

“Rapamycin users generally reported perceived improvements in quality of life since beginning off-label use of rapamycin. Ratios of greater than 3:1 in agreement were observed for self-reported improvements in health, happiness, brain function, feelings of youthfulness, confidence, calmness, anxiety, and generalized aches and pains. Interestingly, greater than fivefold more rapamycin users agreed with the comment that “family/friends have commented that I look good” than disagreed, suggesting that these perceived self-benefits may also be apparent to others.”

This included people even taking rather small doses.

6 Likes

Why did you increase from 6mg qwk to 10mg? How did you decide to increase and then stop at that dose. Thx.

I am in that report… how I met Matt Kaeberlein. And, he suggested that I checkout rapamycin.news. Great advice.

By the way stud…
I like the new avatar - portrait. Killing it!

4 Likes

No - I don’t stop unless I get some illness that might be affected by Rapamycin. This is rare.

The good doctor shouts out Rapamycin.news and references some items from the forum. Glad to have you here Dr. Cohen!

8 Likes

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: Big Review paper: Targeting ageing with rapamycin and its derivatives in humans (LancetLongevity)

As a MD PhD, at 59, I found myself for unclear reasons needing a single vessel stent. Eye opening. I have always thought outside of the box but I don’t dare mention my taking rapamycin to my primary or my cardiologist. They already think I ask too many questions and only want to deal in 'Evidence-based medicine". I’ll be dead by then. So my journey begins with rapamycin on my own which is fine. Luckily I self-prescribe Rapaimmune to an Israeli pharmacy and while its expensive I am getting brand name and it’s not on my US pharmacy “list”. We will get no where with this using traditional medicine and evidence-based only, treating illness “after the fact”, Medicine 2.0. I truly believe Peter Attia and his Medicine 3.0 approach. This will not happen in my lifetime…

12 Likes

If people wait for the conventional medical system to apply “Evidence-based medicine” these people will be dead, waiting.

Quote I have posted numerous times

“If you wait until you are ready, it is almost certainly too late.” ~ Seth Godin

The real fact is if you wait for your “doctor” to give you an approval you will expire prematurely.

Make your own decisions you will live longer.

6 Likes

You probably don’t need medical advice from a farmer, but a bad CAC got me working on this problem and I found out through EDTA challenge that I had heavy metal issues, and I know I have high Iron issues as well. I’ve had hair tests and blood tests before but for some reason did not find out this was the problem until I did EDTA. It doesn’t really show up without the chelator scaring it out of the surrounding tissue. Obviously I don’t know how it works but I recommend this test. I feel a lot better and the studies I have read show a significant difference for people that fix this problem. Search for chelation therapy for heart disease up in the box here and I show my results and a bunch of links.

Also I noticed that (I think) Ray Kurzwell does EDTA every week? Unless he has a continuous flow of heavy metals coming into his body why would he be doing this? It’s a couple hundred bucks a throw. I’m using DMSA now which is oral, but works better for lead actually.

I doubt Rapa will help your problem, but shouldn’t hurt unless you overdo it. Good luck,

2 Likes

He has the re$ource$, cheap insurance.

EDTA celation, for reduce calcium buildup.

https://www.ahajournals.org/doi/10.1161/JAHA.121.024648

It’s if your decisions are right :grinning:

4 Likes

"When writing the story of your life, do not let anyone else hold the pen.”
~Jack Kerouac

4 Likes

What is your chelation protocol using DMSA ?

Are you still getting EDTA testing to see levels?

The problem with DMSA is that it depletes minerals (esp copper), so you need to really be careful to supplement them. So I used a protocol I found on the internet of 1 gm, 2 days in a row. Then I wait a week and do it again.

I will do EDTA challenge in about a month to check. They say to do 20 sessions before checking again. It takes a while.

1 Like

I used this:

I was already taking this one and didn’t stop:

I don’t know what’s right but from what I read DMSA is 55 times better at tying up copper as EDTA, so I’m just trying to be sure there.

I need some advice with my rapamycin dosing. I am 23, female, 125 lbs, and 5’3". I am thinking of dosing 9 mg every 2 weeks (3 mg w/gfj) but I also would like to take acarbose and that one’s kind of tricky since i do OMAD, so if anyone has any advice, please let me know.

At 23, in my opinion, I would wait.

You’re still really young… and the research on rapamycin for longevity (at least in terms of human usage) is still early.

There is always a risk/ reward balance we have to consider when looking at things are purported to be longevity drugs. The earlier you adopt something, the greater the risk. So there has to be greater upside to balance the increased risk. At age 23 the amount of aging you will go through over the next 3 to 5 years is quite minimal. Its is perhaps a different calculation if you are 32 and female and want to delay having kids… but for a person in early or mid 20s, I’d delay or do a low dose (e.g. 2mg or 3mg) every two weeks.

Rapamycin use has only really ramped up in the past few years, and people are posting their results here, and there are numerous human clinical studies going on that will release results in the next three to 5 years. If I was 23 and looking at rapamycin I would wait a few years and follow the research to see what people are reporting.

10 Likes

I understand that. Yeah I have a huge fear of aging, I guess what struck me is the studies about taking rapamycin in early to mid-20s. I definitely find all the research interesting.

2 Likes

I am 29. Currently take 4mg rapamycin weekly and Acarbose 50mg, usually twice a day (only with high carb meals). Blood work is ideal at this dose and I have no problem making noticeable muscle gains in the gym.

5 Likes

I agree with RapAdmin, I would wait a little longer, maybe until late 20s atleast or early 30s. I personally started at 27 years old and I am now 29 (I just wanted to start before 30 lol). If you do plan to start at 23, I would just start with a small dose of 2mg every 10/14 days , without grape fruit.

3 Likes