What IS healthier: acarbose + rice/bread or high-monosaccharide fruit? (like apples, berries, pears, kiwi)

acarbose can almost totally nullify the glucose spike from rice/bread. It can’t do this for many fruits. 120 calories of fruit can destroy my BG control for the rest of the day. the BG increase from 400 calories of beans+acarbose is like negligible

tbf, it’s high-sucrose fruit + acarbose that is prolly healthiest.

Fruits are worse for your teeth and therefore your body since they not only contain fermentable carbs but are also acidic

You’re mistaken on the relative effect size, as you have been in the past. Yes A FEW FRUITS are but it’s a minor effect and tooth regeneration in the future is not that hard of a problem. there’s not overwhelming evidence between citrus fruits and decay on the epidemiological level

I am not mistaken, this is my work and no we will never be able to regenerate teeth, they grow from a germ layer that disappears unlike bone which has as periost

Citation?

You feel very low carb/keto dogmatic.

Any textbook on dentistry and cariology…

Yeah, right. That and a wikipedia article.

I think you mix fruits with added sucrose (table sugar) in packed foods.

Nope fermentable sugar is fermentable sugar no matter the source but what makes fruit even worse is the acidity…

1 Like

Alex - perhaps of interest…

Supernumerary teeth are common but usually are small and deformed and in the wrong location and orientation and adult human teeth take 5-6 years to develop

This isn’t a relevant reply

They are both fine but if you have issues with your monitoring, eat them with some additional fiber, fat, and protein. Both are very low in AGEs. I don’t like to eliminate whole grains because of the insoluble fiber and I don’t like to eliminate fruit because I want exposure to a variety of protective phytochemicals.

Walter Kempner used both almost exclusively. He could cure just about anything but cancer with his spartan diet. He said “All dieters are liars.” He knew when his patients were cheating from urinalysis, and if they cheated, out came the riding crop.