What can you eat to stimulate or increase sexual desire?

What can you eat to stimulate or increase sexual desire?

1 Like

I don’t believe there is anything you can eat or consume that increases sexual desire (and you are unclear if you are talking about in a male or in a female).

But there is a lot of research suggesting the hormone oxytocin may be helpful in this area, and oxytocin is a hormone that is available commercially I believe (have not done much research in this area)…

Oxytocin (Medicine):

It is available and sold in India, unfortunately its an injection, so not something most people would really want to use unless they had to. It is also available in some areas as a nasal spray… but I’ve not researched its availability in this form (i.e. where its available in this form, and at what cost).

2 Likes

What about selegiline?

2 Likes

I agree and this;

A full hormone panel would be a good start point. Nutritional deficits, birth control, menopause can effect those negatively. So any abnormal results can be investigated and any deficiencies remedied.

Also worth making sure your diet is meeting your needs for endogenous testosterone production Manipulation of Dietary Intake on Changes in Circulating Testosterone Concentrations - PMC

1 Like

Eating a healthy diet in a slight caloric surplus with enough essential fatty acids, fat soluble vitamins, high quality protein and zinc

2 Likes

Search this forum for mucuna pruriens. SNK says it turn one into a “horse”. I do not know if SNK meant turning one into a stud, or augmenting the equipment.

My 2-cents.

For men… watermelon rind… the white part… not the green… lol.

It has amino acid L-citruline. Increases blood flow… converted to L-arginine… and then to nitric oxide… increases dilation of blood vessels. Libido boosting powers for mild ED.

Or just go straight to tadalafil… and call it good!

2 Likes

Where to get this Alpha-GPC ?

Is it perscribed or amazon is good enough?
Amazon.com: Nutricost Alpha GPC 600mg, 60 Vegetarian Capsules - Non-GMO and Gluten Free, 300mg Per Capsule : Health & Household

Finally- what kind of woman is this 79 year old man married to? she should have considered herself lucky having the opportunity to have sex several times a day LOL.

1 Like

Definitely raw cocoa beans. Like 50 to 75g with a banana (quite a strong taste but I really enjoy these) and I usually got a stronger libido.

1 Like

Sorry not buying this. I doubt there is a specific food that has such effect. Supplements is another story.

Can’t say about the aphrodisiac properties, (as the only aphrodisiac I ever needed was a naked woman in front of me, btw, the hotter they are the more aphrodisiac properties they possess haha) of the watermelon rind (white part) but I always have eaten it and like it very much. I always felt it has same/more benefits/nutrition as the regular watermelon but without the sugar.

1 Like

Then try PT141 (injectable peptide). Works amazing

1 Like

FYI

What is it for? any side effects?

If we’re talking small molecules, the best answer to this question is GHB. When it comes to enhancing sex, nothing else even comes close. Also, for those of you like myself where the cost-benefit of alcohol is hard to justify, GHB is a great alternative and an all-around far superior one at that.

Leaving aside the generally unjustified stigma accompanying GHB, it’s still generally a controlled substance. Perhaps feign narcolepsy and get prescribed Xyrem, which is the sodium salt of GHB. :wink:

Maybe this isn’t the answer you were looking for, since I assume by eating you mean something with nutritional value. But wait, GHB is oxidized to succinate, which gives 2 equivalents of NADH. Add in the energy obtained from succinate metabolism to oxaloacetate (1 NADH and 1 FADH2) and you have about 9 ATP per molecule of GHB, making it about half as energetic as glucose by weight.

I’ve taken nasal oxytocin a few times, and didn’t notice any obvious sexual enhancement. It’s a pretty mild experience, although people report it becoming quite uncomfortable if you overshoot the dose.

2 Likes

Transdermal testosterone cream does it for me. I started it because a woman friend got on it because of some hormone problems unrelated to libido and she said it it worked very well.

1 Like

Does oxytocin enhance your sexual function?

Have you just started using it? Does oxytocin enhance your sexual function?