What are your favorite spices/what are the best spices?

2 Likes

I use turmeric and black pepper a lot. Ginger and garlic are also great. Dried parsley and Moringa powder I add to my lunch for supplement purposes. Chili peppers are great on pizza.

3 Likes

Ginger/garlic are def among the healthiest ever but they’re so hard to put in food b/c of taste. Cinnamon I spray very liberally. Parsley is important b/c apigenin but takes effort to sprinkle in

3 Likes

I’ve had trouble with too much cinnamon. I guess it naturally lowers blood sugar? I kept adding more and more to my morning oatmeal until I had heart palpitations and hot flashes several days in a row as I kept the cinnamon high. When I realized it could be the cinnamon I cut it out and have been back to normal for months. I’ve never had blood sugar issues, so I think it was too much unnecessary intervention.

1 Like

Masala chai - Wikipedia this really has all the powerful spices (anise, cloves). Just do it sugar-free and in vegan form (alas most of it is NOT in these forms). I just had an interesting taste of them at the stalls in st. pancreas.

https://foodsofnations.com/ is a great source of spices

you know, i’ve finally developed a taste for eating raw cloves.

1 Like

https://www.amazon.com/Trader-Joes-Seasoning-Salute-2-2oz/dp/B0085ANNL0/ref=sr_1_2?crid=ZUVBFRJXLUIQ&dib=eyJ2IjoiMSJ9.j9T1t6HTvRuz5q7w2rr4-9HCkqB8itffv59I34Q01N-S9xUfgrF-elVwIseH-PyScLVsW9O_gp4y0O4-F7MvMefZMVRABJNoeENvFUgZ7xK59c2y5B5w4v3bAdNQRiDheRaKCAt9P4SUSMXX5Dzz9v_XJHIVIH3X2r7vq8hWXOLRt_R9hQjaSR7X0DXEYK4kNDnNExGjNgEF9b75Vs-gzh4KTP7ypsCQCsJRRgEDyoaKMlyzi6XT6Av-OBnp2UIM1mVJZVaaP-lfXLCKM8PQxGK9dC7O8oR59_DWlt5pdcE.5HJdZ19bjh18MpgNZTfoS-ea4qUhViXiwkbgt6pcnH4&dib_tag=se&keywords=21+seasoning&qid=1710985931&sprefix=21+seasoni%2Caps%2C262&sr=8-2

1 Like

Sodium free, that’s healthy!

I add everything I have to help with my 30 plants per week. Tumeric has the biggest effect on taste and messiness. Black pepper, parsley, thyme, dried red pepper, garlic, onion, rosemary, ginger, star anise, oregano.

2 Likes

From @ConquerAging latest. I see lots of spices on here. Cardamom is one I’m missing.

1 Like