What are your favorite low(er) calorie, low calorie-per-volume-ratio, or appetite-suppressing foods?

not the lowest calorie, but everything in it is super-healthy

1 Like

With acarbose you can eat anything, but you will pay in other ways, my favorite:

2 Likes

When I’ve travelled in India i love the lentil dishes… but I had never gotten into cooking lentils before. A few weeks ago I decided to try cooking them at home after reading about Bryan Johnson’s meals and have found them really good and tasty and easy.

@AlexKChen you should try these. It takes about 20 minutes to boil lentils - then i put a little EV olive oil on them with some spices on top, and they taste great, very easy, very quick (and cheap).

1 Like

this must be my all time favorite lentil dish… it is so quick, filling and warming.

2 Likes

For 1-2 years I pretty much ate only lentils, olive oil, broccoli etc. It wasn’t too bad cooked with spices and olives. In fact out of all beans it’s the best tasting one IMO, now just have to think about introducing them back into my diet.

2 Likes

I eat lentils multiple times per week. I find they go really well with turmeric and black pepper + evoo. Good protein/carb ratio, cheap, versatile, taste good (IMO).

3 Likes

I know it’s not the kind of answer you’re looking for, but Gatorade Zero has cut down daily calories for me a lot. I get cravings for sweet, cold drinks at night and those are all I let myself have.

1 Like
2 Likes

Way lower calorie densities than standard bean recipes (and even the nobagel). Still more expensive than them (though still way less expensive than restaurant food)

Nature’s Path Organic Keto Cereal
Really though, cherry tomatoes from trader joe’s are the best…

Tragically, the liked items on this forum seem to be biased towards many people who just want to use rapamycin to cover up their otherwise-terrible diet…

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0992WBN26?psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&ref_=chk_typ_imgToDp

770 calories per bag (and still filled me for now), which is lower than calories from catalina crunch bags

I had zero glycemic spike from an entire bag of catalina crunch, which is more than what I can say from what I get from blueberries.

2 Likes

Not sure if I am the only one. But I remember feeling very satiated after adding green banana flour to my smoothie.

2 Likes

I am increasingly skeptical of processed food after reading the high heat => DNA damage paper.

1 Like

Statins :white_check_mark: Rapamycin :white_check_mark: Terrible diet :white_check_mark: Multivitamin :white_check_mark:

Perfection

I find Pacific Foods Butternut Squash Soup to be exceptionally filling. It probably has many issues, but I can be ready to eat everything in the house and I know if I have one cup of this (eaten somewhat slowly and with plenty of water on the side) I will be good to go.

It’s probably more like different diets work for different people. What would be a horrible diet for you (or me) might be the diet someone else thrives on. I eat a 99% whole/natural foods diet personally but realize that doesn’t mean everyone needs to do that nor does it make me superior or inferior to anyone else who chooses or needs to eat differently.

1 Like

I’ve tried a whole natural plant foods diet, and it’s reaaaly hard to get calories in. Literally a struggle to figure out how to get enough calories. I’d rather not stress about being too low weight, in case there’s a war or something. Seems like that will age one much quicker than not worrying about food unless it’s warranted (like for apoB levels).

2 Likes

@AnUser, I have to include animal foods (even meat) to get enough nutrients because of numerous food intolerances and gut issues I developed after a 50 day course of antibiotics. Before that I was primarily vegan and it worked well for me. That’s why I no longer judge the way others need to eat. I figure everyone here is intelligent enough to figure it out for themselves.

4 Likes

My go-to’s are rather traditional but they work when I am trying to cut calories. I allow myself to eat these items to satisfy real hunger as they are not desired by me when merely craving something “good”.

• can of tuna in water
  • chewing gum with xylitol
  • hard boiled egg
  • carrot raw
3 Likes

You don’t really have that low of an opinion of your fellow forum members do you?

2 Likes

They make red lentil pasta that is pretty solid. Great source of fiber and protein.

1 Like

Trader Joe’s Riced Cauliflower (also in a compostable bag so presumably there’s a chance the microplastics are less bad [not a guarantee…])

https://www.amazon.com/-/es/Costeña-Nopalitos-cactus-tierno-29-8/dp/B0000GGHVA

Nopalitos tender cactus (from La Costena) => in glass containers too! Found in the mission. My only concern is that they’re imported from mexico, and growing standards in mexico are not as good (aka there’s higher chance of contamination, though one would hope that since they’re cacti, they may be grown farther from microplastic/pesticide-contamined areas - though I’m less sure about pesticides b/c Mexico produce has higher contamination)’

Prickly pear is also 185 calories/lb which is less than pear calories (still higher than strawberry calories, similar to peach calories)

1 Like