Video - Non-Alcoholic Fatty Liver Disease and its Link to Chronic Illnesses, Unraveling the Hidden Epidemic

For those that follow Robert Lustig as usual his presentations are outstanding.

If you have never seen or heard of Professor. Robert Lustig, MD review the following.

1 Like

According to research, mice fed with Metformin and Rapamycin did not develop fatty liver. Each medication (Rapa and Met) by itself reduced the severity of fatty liver. All of the control animals developed fatty liver. The mice were bred to develop fatty liver.

Another great reason to take Rapamycin and Metformin.

A good friend of my family died from fatty liver and some of my friends are suffering from it. It is an epidemic.

Study references here:

2 Likes

In my view;

Totally preventable, diet relate.

You do not go to sleep and wake up with NAFLD.

Takes long term dietary abuse to create NAFLD.

Thinking/expecting that taking “metformin and or rapamycin” or any other compound will prevent or reverse the issue is not a treatment.

NAFLD is totally preventable by diet, but the majority of people will NOT change their diet even if they are well aware of the cause.

4 Likes

I agree. It’s all diet and lifestyle related and totally preventable.

It’s still an epidemic in that there are so many people with poor diets and lifestyles.

Relying solely on Rapamycin + Metformin is not the best solution. You should change your diet and improve your lifestyle. But Rapamycin + Metformin goes a long way in terms of NAFLD prevention. And it may prevent it completely (Most likely IMHO).

2 Likes

Great points. Totally agree. NAFLD is simply a midpoint in the journey from somewhat healthy to metabolic syndrome, diabetes and liver failure. Diet and exercise is the fix. Unfortunately, medical science is trying to fix it with drugs.

1 Like