Use of Carnosine as a Natural Anti-senescence Drug for Human Beings

Am posting this again outside of a reply in another thread.
As it’s own thread.
As in my view this is valuable information, as other’s my not read/review the other thread.

The entire paper is at;

http://protein.bio.msu.ru/biokhimiya/contents/v65/full/65071022.html

The thread originally posted in is;

4 Likes

The article was published in 1999.

Medical application of carnosine. From our investigations, we have reported [21, 22] that eye drops containing 20 mM carnosine were used to treat 96 patients aged 60 years old having senile cataract of various degrees of maturity, with the duration of the disease from 2 to 21 years. The method is that after stopping the use of all other anti-cataract drugs, patients instilled 1-2 drops of the carnosine-containing solution in each eye 3-4 times each day for a period of treatment ranging from 3 to 6 months. The level of eyesight improvement and the change of lens transparency were considered as an evaluation index of the curative effect of carnosine. The result shows that carnosine gives a pronounced effect on primary senile cataract, the effective rate being 100%. For mature senile cataract, the effect rate is 80%, and positive effects were observed with other types of cataract. It is significant that no side effect has been found in the observed cases. During recent years, we have also applied carnosine drops containing the same content to nearly one thousand patients with senile cataract. Our research findings (ready to be published) show similar result.

Can’t find it. Was it ever published?

2 Likes

The POC is in the paper;

A. M. Wang*

Department of Biochemistry and Department of Neurobiology, Harbin Medical University,
Harbin 150086, PR China;
E-mail: Wangam@ems.hrbmu.edu.cn

• To whom correspondence should be addressed.

The paper{references 21 and 22) appear to be in Chinese, you would have to have them translated

21.Wang, L., Jiang, Y. M., and Wang, A. M. (1997) Clin. J. Oph., 5, 231-232 (in Chinese).

22.Zhu, L. J., Zhang, H. S., and Wang, A. M. (1999) J. Qiqihar Med. Coll., 20, 325-326 (in Chinese).

References 21 and 22 are about already published material, on 96 patients.

From our investigations, we have reported [21, 22] that eye drops containing 20 mM carnosine were used to treat 96 patients aged 60 years old having senile cataract of various degrees of maturity, with the duration of the disease from 2 to 21 years.

The to be published material is on an additional 1,000 patients.

“During recent years, we have also applied carnosine drops containing the same content to nearly one thousand patients with senile cataract. Our research findings (ready to be published) show similar result.”

Write to the person who is the point of contact on the paper, A. M. Wang.

In Russia, they sell eye drops with L-carnosine for cataracts. No prescription needed. Why our pharmacies don’t carry such drops?

3 Likes

There are two sold on Amazon, both with middling reviews.

I have trouble pasting the link. Software says cannot provide a preview.

One is callled ANTIAGINGCENTRAL NAC Eye Drops | N-Acetyl-Carnosine Eye Drops (2 vials of 5ml Each)

The other is billed as Ethos Bright Eyes™ Carnosine NAC Eye Drops - 2 x 5ml Bottles - NAC Carnosine Eye Drops - As Seen on UK National TV with Amazing Results! NAC n acetyl carnosine eye drops.

4 Likes

FWIW

A consumer article;

Carnosine: Exceeding Scientific Expectations

https://www.lifeextension.com/magazine/2011/1/carnosine-exceeding-scientific-expectations?

4 Likes

FWIW

Carnosine half life is approximately 12 hours

I decided on 500mg minimum ever 8 hours{3x a day] - 1.5g per day/24 hours

2 Likes

On the topic of eye health…

2 Likes

LaraPo, I tried “Can-C Eye Drops with Antioxidant N-Acetylcarnosine” purchased on Amazon for two years. I noticed no improvements.

This is what I heard from other people too.

1 Like

It’s been 2.5 years — Has anyone tried N-acetylcarnosine eye drops for vision rejuvenation and had positive results? (I just heard about it in a podcast and thought “why not?” but not if it is useless).

Bumping this up: has anyone tried this with either positive or negative (or null) results? It seems simple, makes sense, and no side effects. But does it actually work?

1 Like

I’ll take the lack of response here from our esteemed members that this “treatment” is a fraud. Thanks.

I just got a fresh supply of drops from Russia and will start using them in a week. Will report in 4 months.

5 Likes

Thank you so much, @LaraPo — this is much appreciated.

1 Like

I wouldn’t say Carnosine is a fraud. I’d say we don’t have enough information to make an informed decision.

A bit harsh I admit, and possibly uncalled for, so apologies. But I keep hearing cheesy TikTok “shaman”-types promoting this (but not classic doctors and biochemists that I recall offhand), and when asking this esteemed body for their experiences, it has been seven months before someone replied, suggesting there is either little experience (or possibly interest) in what is proposed to be a simple, safe treatment by a group of people who combined are both plugged in and willing to biohack, or there is little positive to report. So, yes, “fraud” may be excessive, but until I hear anecdotal evidence this works, I perhaps might be apprehensive putting this in my eyes.

1 Like

Which drops did you get?