Update news on Rap dose?

Sudiki, fyi, incase a quest is closer to you, goodlabs also offers them as an option and they are usually less expensive for most things, goodlabs even points that out. There is a dropdown menu to choose quest if you didn’t notice it.

1 Like

thx but quest was the one that is too far from me to be useful. and the cost is 17 for sirolimus at quest, 16 at labcorp. also quest wants 12 for blood draw, labcorp is 8

FYI, Goodlabs provides a “free” Bortz Biological age calculator, based on uploaded labs.

1 Like

Not wanting to deter too far… but I strongly feel the underpowered Stanfield Study only muddied the waters and God love him… and as we say in Missouri bless his heart (not a compliment), but his monetary sacrifice was IMHO a waste of his and wife’s money. They tried… it required a lot more.

Granted, nobody expected a wealthy reputable pharmacist, Ken Coit to ante up $12 million dollars for a single rapamycin human trial with our respected Matt Kaeberlein advising the study. But, he has… and real, undeniable and thorough results will finally be available. Albeit, you must wait 6 years.

As Blagosklonny quoted… “If you wait until you are ready, it’s almost certainly too late.” Seth Godin

I know my early adoption of rapamycin, now 5+ years ago is paying out in Aces… at 6 mg per week.

6 Likes

Hey @Agetron,

Post Stanfield study, the conversations here led me to switching from 8mg weekly to 16mg every other week, so I ask….

Do you know if Kaeberlein still feels weekly is optimal, or is he now perhaps on the fence regarding frequency. I realize he takes very long breaks, so his protocol might not be relevant to me… my older self hates even skipping a dose post vaccine!

PS, I do not have enough muscle, so I’m in the gaining and not maintaining phase.

2 Likes

Are you taking Pfizer Rapamune? Thanks.

2 Likes

I’m taking the generic I get from CVS.

2 Likes

Maybe the drug has issues about absorption.

1 Like

Ah, @man_li, I think you were asking because my dose is so high. Yeah, it seems weird, especially because I’m pretty small.

I think it’s more about me than the quality of the generic. I say this only because there are many people who source it at CVS and we don’t see reports about their labs showing them anything surprising. I guess there could be batch differences ?

My labs showed 6mg was too low for me and 8mg is in the sweet spot. I buy a years worth at a time, so perhaps I’ll test again next time I get a new supply.

1 Like

The issue with biological availability that was identified a few years ago was in the “Compounded Pharmacy” version of sirolimus. This is when the pharmacy makes the drug / pills in the pharmacy using purchased powders, and puts them into a capsule. The issue was that the capsule was not protecting the sirolimus as well as the formally manufactured (by pharmaceutical companies) sirolimus in regular pills. The generic sirolimus in the USA is all manufactured as pills by pharma (mostly in India) and do not have the asborption problem that the compounded pharmacy capsules do / did.

For more info, see this thread: Bioavailability of Rapamycin From Compounding Pharmacy

1 Like

do you take it with anything? i read some take with fatty food like sardines in oil or with olive oil etc.

1 Like

I take it with sardines or olive oil. The fat increases bioavailability by about 30%.

4 Likes

Hello Beth…
He had been taking 8 mg weekly with breaks every few months… he did mention he is a fast absorber… and it clears fast too.

I really think doses can be very individualized. Your physical stature… small skinny , avrrage fat, lean muscled and genetics.

I’ve been as high as 12 mg weekly… was too much… and as low as 4 mg weekly… too low. I started at 6 mg… good results and returned to that dose… 6 mg weekly.

1 Like

I was just wondering why you choose to change your dose to biweekly from weekly? And how did you respond to your biweekly schedule. Any new side effects?

Thanks.

Hi @man_li

The reason I switched after the study was IF rapa does inhibit building muscle, the thought was if I took a double dose every other week, I simply have more days each month when mTOR is not being suppressed. My hope is I’m getting a similar benefit but have more opportunities to build the muscle I need.

No side effects that I’m aware of. I felt like an Energizer Bunny after the first double dose, but normal since then.

I’m not committed to keeping this schedule, but without being sure, I thought it might be the safer option… I need a ton more muscle than I have!

4 Likes

Beth, how do you know that it’s not suppressed? Are you just guessing? Do you know your Tmax after taking 16 mg Rapa and how that concentration fades during the two weeks before your next dose?

1 Like

Good question!

I haven’t tested my peak, but I’ve had 3 siromilus labs done, but none at 16mg.

My first sirolimus lab was drawn 50 hours post dose and my level was 2.1 ng/mL on 6 mg.

I then increased my dose to 8mg, and at 50 hours, my value was 3.1.

My next lab was day 6 or 7 and my levels were undetectable.

So, based on that, I’m taking an educated guess that I’m clearing 16mg in plenty of time. Does that sound right to you? If you think I should also test this dose, which I’m open to doing, let me know when do you think I should have that lab drawn.

Thanks for asking!

I really don’t know if you should test it. I would. Based on your other test results you can figure out (with help of your friend AI) the rapa’s elimination rate constant (often written as k), or equivalently its daily decay factor in an exponential‑decay model. When you know that and confirm the accuracy by blood work, you will be able to create a table or spreadsheet that will show your daily rapa concentration. Then if any biomarkers on your CBC or Metabolic panel go the wrong direction, you would know which Rapa concentration is the best or worse. This is what I do on a daily basis.

I have to add that my dose is different from yours.

1 Like

Probably enough time has passed (i.e. you have the test results back) so what did it show and what do you make of the results relative to dose you took etc.?

Here are my test results. I dosed 15mg of rapamycin on Friday, Sept. 18th at 7pm. Then did the blood test on Thursday, the 24th (morning). I was just trying to get a sense for my rapamycin blood curve. Next time I will test 2 hours after dosing to get the peak sirolimus level.

2 Likes