Top 10 Foods for boosting life/healthspan

I usually order Aronia from Northwest Wild Foods. They are either dry or frozen. I order both. 1lb dry costs $26 + shipment. 3lb frozen cost $40 + shipment. That company also has other berries. I tried them all! It’s one of my favorite foods.

2 Likes

@Bicep Thanks for the link. This supplier is very affordable. They have a drop location even in my tiny town.

1 Like

I want to try to grow these. I live in the Pacific Northwest.

3 Likes

It’s a great plant. Easy to grow, Only person I know of to have trouble put chicken manure on the baby plants and they couldn’t take it. They will grow in grass, but it will take a decade to fruit. If you have grass there are chemicals that are safe you could use. We’ve not needed it.

They like lots of water. Buy the hybrid plants, raised from cuttings. Plants from seed will not yield much. Viking is a good variety.

4 Likes

I bought 3lb of Aronia berries, frozen, shipped from California, and started adding them to my morning kefir smoothie. It tastes fantastic with kefir (and horrible without :blush:). I love though that they are not sweet. Have been taking them for 10 days and my morning glucose miraculously improved much. Not sure if it’s because of Aronia, may be just a coinsidence.

5 Likes

If they have a good year next year I’ll keep you in mind.

1 Like

Great! Thank you very much!

3 Likes