The mTOR rebound effect has been kind to my skin?

@Kira_Miftari This is what I currently have. $212 + tax. Shipping is $67 by sea (took about a month to get here) or more by air (much faster). I think it’s a fantastic price. Same product that gets sold for $1000+ by Mito.

2 Likes

My Eucerin advanced repair looks bluer than yours. It’s naturally white so no color mixing and I might have put more MB than you did. When I put it on it gives me a slight bluish tint. Not like I’m auditioning for the Blue Men Group, but just like… a corpse’s skin. My husband asked me why I looked so tired all of a sudden :laughing:… that was right after I slathered on my bluefied Eucerin and before I emerged from Babayaga’s magic cauldron, aka before I did time in front of the red light panel.

1 Like

I don’t think that’s the right way to think about this. A skin cream might have a lot of methylene blue but have no blue tint if the methylene blue is in its reduced leucomethylene blue form which is probably a much better form for topical absorption. On the other hand, if you are trying to deliver methylene blue to your skin and then immediately use red/NIR light therapy to try to convert it to leucomethylene blue for improved absorption, then a blue tint would definitely be a good indicator that you have significamt amounts of it in the cream. Good luck with your experiment.

“reduced leucomethylene blue”
Can you cite any literature that it is as effective as regular methylene blue?

That won’t be necessary. Methylene blue and leucomethylene blue are interconvertible. Methylene blue can be reduced to leucomethylene blue and leucomethylene blue can be oxidized to methylene blue. When you ingest either form, they will be converted to each other in the digestive tract, in the blood and in cells. Which form is predominant in each place depends mainly on the redox state and the pH of the environment. Inside cells, where the redox environment is slightly reduced, the reduced form, leucomethylene blue, will predominate, regardless of which form you ingested.

If you apply it to your skin, the most important thing is that it gets absorbed, otherwise it will just go to waste. Both methylene blue and leucomethylene blue are quite hydrophilic and do not dissolve well in fat. This makes it hard for them to penetrate the skin. The leucomethylene blue form however has higher solubility in fat than methylene blue which is why it will be more easily absorbed when applied to the skin. So to get it into the skin the leucomethylene blue form is better. Then after being absorbed, some of the leucomethylene blue will be converted to methylene blue in the cells. I hope this helps explaining this.

2 Likes

What about putting them into a mix with DMSO or something like that?

“Methylene blue is (hydrate) is soluble in organic solvents such as ethanol, DMSO and dimethyl formamide.” and of course water. Since Transcutol is an organic solvent, ether DMSO or Transcutol could be used as a carrier depending on how deep of skin penetration you are looking for. Since I also take methylene blue internally, I use transcutol in my own cream.

2 Likes

I can’t find any readily available sources for leucomethylene blue.
Many supplements, for example, Tryptophan and 5-HTP, share the same pathways, but they are not interchangeable. Tryptophan has branches that do not include 5-HTP. Do you know if methylene blue has branches that do not include leucomethylene blue?
Do you know how much leucomethylene blue is in the commercial products?
I can’t seem to find an answer to that, which is why I prefer to add my own methylene blue, along with a little transcutol to an existing cream that I like.

It’s really a moot point because all the cosmetics I’ve looked up or heard of purport to use methylene blue, not leucomethylene blue, and they all report it in tiny amounts, as in, the last ingredient, in even smaller concentration than the preservatives.

1 Like

I think it is mainly a ph thing

That might work but I don’t know enough about DMSO to be sure it would work.

I’m not surprised. It’s generally not sold as leucomethylene blue but is sold as methylene blue.

Btw it’s possible to convert methylene blue to leucomethylene blue by using some reducing agent and keeping conditions somewhat acidic. This can be accomplished partially by mixing a solution with methylene blue with ascorbic acid (vitamin C).

I’m not sure what you’re asking here. If by branches you mean different metabolic pathways, I don’t think that applies here.

I’m assuming very little, if we’re talking methylene blue that you buy somewhere. If we’re talking skin creams that contain methylene blue (there is one called Bluelene claimed to have methylene blue as the main ingredient) then I think a significant part of it might be leucomethylene blue assuming they deliberately use that for better skin penetration.

That’s not a bad idea. Maybe the transcutol works. If not, in the worst case scenario, it just won’t be absorbed and goes to waste. But given how cheap methylene blue is, that may be a risk worth taking.

3 Likes

The implications of mTOR rebound can vary and in some cases, it may be desirable to have mTOR rebound, as it can help restore normal cellular functions and promote growth and repair. On the other hand, excessive mTOR activity can be associated with certain diseases, such as cancer and age-related conditions-next week I go in for a softwave laser treatment where I will try and raise mTOR for healing using PBC-157 + xtra protein
a new protocol cycling peptides PBC-157 for 10 days following 10 days of suppression of mTOR Rapaymcin and protein fasting- will do blood test including TNF factor. Wonder if I playing with fire here?