THE GOOD, THE BAD and the SAD... Autoimmune Issues, Thoughts?

I don’t know nearly enough to pretend to advise you. I just thought I would mention that your results may be useful for someone competent (i.e. - not me) who is thinking about what is actually causing your condition.

So if you are working with a clever physician, I’d be sure to explain your experience. I feel it is a diagnostically meaningful clue about your condition.

Best wishes and good luck!!!

1 Like

I obviously have some receptor site deficiency, genetic or acquired, bcs without supplemental D I can’t get it up more than 20s - even after spending months on California sun… So I have to take 2.000IUs to hover at 40-50 range.

You are so right! I am trying to decipher whether it was the anti-fungal property of Rapa or the Immune balancing mechanism that caused the remission. One thing that I am inclined to rule out right now is mTor - I dont see how suppressing it twice would affect my condition.
RE finding that clever physician - it almost like looking for a unicorn. I spent so much money doing that - dont have enough resources anymore, for now. Another commenter ( Rayk suggested I see Dr Green or go to Mayo Clinic, but I am in Cali and it is hard for me to go to NY right now.
Thank you for your comment :-))

Thank you - duly noted!

Tank you for the suggestions. At the moment I am doubtful that mTor suppression was the mechanism for the remission, it is on the back burner compared to two other Rapamycin properties: immune balancing and anti-fungal. But of course this. is all purely conjecture on my part.

What units is that? …

It is in “ng/mL”, with 30-100 being the range

There is quite a bit of an interplay between Vitamin D levels and autoimmune issues. You may wish to discuss with your medics whether it is worth trying to hold a higher 25OHD level more towards the top end of the range.

2 Likes

thank you, I am leaning this way… that precluded me from doing so is the emerging Vti D controversy, which I am not even qualified to discuss, very complex. But you right - the association between low vit D levels and autoimmunity is strong!

I just read your new comment where you suggest reading about your experience another “outlier” - how did I miss that while researching on this site!? Problem is that it disappeared into the ether before I could click on the link to your side-effects post. I searched and saw some of it, but would appreciate if you re-posted the link so I could read it from the beginning… thnx in advance sol :-))

The Vitamin D Controversy should be a more subtle debate about the best 25OHD serum levels to target. Realistically this will vary from person to person, but is it is an important issue. There are levels that are too low and there are levels that are too high. It is hard to work out what these are.

1 Like

I didn’t say all that much–it would be a much longer post to detail the specifics of my unusual biochemistry, and some of the details are not particularly relevant. Here it is: my first post.

1 Like

Or even 1/2 mg of rapa.

2 Likes

try taking genuine sirolimus pills, Pfizer’s Rapamune

1 Like

@Kira_Miftari Sorry to hear your story but thanks for finding this forum and telling. Never know who else might benefit.

I’m sure you tried this common protocol; LDN, low dose naltrexone, 5mg dose daily often at night. It also calms the immune system. Lots of auto-immune sufferers find relief after a months use…

Best of luck, curt

1 Like

This product contains alleged natural rapalogs (mTOR inhibitors): Meriva (curcuminoids bound to phospholipids), green tea extract, white willow bark (containing salicin), and a couple other things.

I have no idea if the ingredients actually are mTOR inhibitors or how safe they would be for you to ingest. You could look into it. Wishing you the best.

2 Likes

This is the problem I have with speculative supplement companies. Calling this Rapalog is deceiving. Looking at the ingredient list, Resveratrol, Green tea extract and fisetin for example is not Mtor inhibitors as far as I know. They are all unproven in the longevity field. This is speculative crap.
I hate companies like this, they just make this field less believable and serious.

4 Likes

YEs, thank you - that is my current thinking, if I ever gather the balls to risk it… In your opinion, any concerns for breaking the protective coating that is supposedly important for its safe delivery?

1 Like

Thank you for the suggestion… I thought about it initially, but I am scared to do it bcs it is more than likely that this is just my reaction to the Rapamycin molecule… Also, I checked: the 30 pills of Sirilimus 2 mg cost me $210 with discount in US pharmacy, the brand Rapamune1 mg will cost me over $1.000

1 Like

Thank you :-)) I did look at the botanical analogues, and it turns out I am already using 2 of those - Green Tea and Ashwaghanda… better than nothing!
( I may add Ginseng bcs I have been interested in it for a while now, its just hard to find good sources of a 6 year Korean Ginseng with no additives …)