The four best longevity interventions?

Does extra A stand for Arginine? I’ve been taking AKG for some time and Glycine (for better sleeping). Glycine definitely works, but it’s difficult to assess the effects of AKG.

3 Likes

Yes… L-Arginine AKG… improves blood flow, great for muscle rebuilding, endurance and recovery. Works with your immune system, keeps blood pressure in check too…

2 Likes

Can you provide an Amazon or Herb link to A AKG product? Thanks!

In PubMed, there are 811 listings with the term PEMF in the title or abstract and there are 23 citations with the term BEMER in the title or abstract. Many more studies on BEMER have been published in Russian and/or eastern European journals that are not indexed in PubMed. I have a 534-page book with all the Bemer scientific studies. Bemer studies have been published in the following categories: general medicine, ophthalmology, surgery, dermatology, cancers, gynecology, internal medicine, pain therapy, neurology, orthopedics, physiology, prevention, rehabilitation, sports, dentistry and veterinary medicine. Many studies have been double-blind, placebo-controlled. The thing that sets Bemer apart from other PEMF medical devices is Bemer’s patented signal that delivers the pulsed electro-magnetic frequencies. One of many benefits of Bemer sessions is stimulation of osteoblasts to build new, strong bone. Years ago, NASA evaluated all PEMF devices and realized BEMER was the best. Consequently, NASA approached Bemer and asked if they could have access to Bemer’s technology. Bemer agreed…and now NASA is utilizing Bemer’s technology to reduce the amount of bone loss experienced by astronauts during space flights and to accelerate their recovery when they return to earth. For more information, contact me at: rosspelton70@gmail.com

1 Like

Interesting suggestions, Ross! I will try to create another list with more interventions so summarize them in a good way.

I take it with calcium pantothenate. The studies (manufacturer sponsored) used calcium AKG. Same reference by Eleanor Sheekey. But those are pricey. I do not know if separate supplements work just as well.

I take calcium pantothenate based on an old study.

https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/abs/10.3181/00379727-99-24442

4 Likes

Can buy on Amazon or eBay.
Three dollars cheaper on Amazon. Link:

1 Like

I stand corrected. If NASA is using it, it probably works. Astronauts’ bone loss can be up to 2% per month while in space.

“There have been thousands of scientific research papers published on the subject of PEMF over the last fifty years. Our planet generates a geomagnetic field from its molten iron core and the rotation of the earth. Additionally, within our ionosphere is the Schumann frequency, which is produced by lightning strikes and solar flares. This Schumann frequency resonates within our ionosphere at 7.8 hertz (Hz), which is classified as a very low frequency. It becomes clear that all of life on planet earth has developed in both this geomagnetic and Schumann frequency environment. Furthermore, Dr. Thomas Goodwin, a NASA scientist, patented a magnetic field generator that uses a low frequency similar to the natural Schumann frequency of the earth that is designed to heal tissues of mammals. This magnetic generator was patented in 2009.”

“There are numerous podcasts about PEMF by the likes of Ben Greenfield, Dave Asprey, etc. Of all the technologies listed, I know of only one system, product or device is such a simple and safe system to use. This is natural and earth-based PEMF (pulsed electromagnetic field) therapy.”

“Over 30,000 studies, including 2,500 placebo-controlled, double-blind studies have proven the applicability and efficacy of PEMF using low frequency, low intensity, pulsed electromagnetic fields for human health and wellbeing.”

And yet they don’t reference a single double-blind scientific study.

It certainly appears that NASA invented and patented the technology used today.

Are there any studies indicating it prevents osteoporosis in women for example?

How long do you have to use it? Every day, week, once a month.

For most men, bone loss will not be a problem.

It looks like PEMF therapy would be more beneficial for women.

“Osteoporosis is a bone disease that develops when bone mineral density and bone mass decreases, or when the structure and strength of bone changes.”

Oddly. or not, PEMF is not listed as a treatment in anything I can find for osteoporisis at any major institutions such as the Mayo Clinic, etc or in publications such as The New England Journal of Medicine.

The only people pushing PEMF for osteoporosis treatment are the people selling the machines.

The main treatments for osteoporosis seem to be calcium and vitamin D supplementation, weight-bearing exercise, medications, and lifestyle modifications.

3 Likes

Nutricost Arginine AKG Powder 300 Grams (AAKG) - 3G Per Serving & 100 Servings - Pure Arginine Alpha Ketoglutarate https://a.co/d/8aXxwtO

2 Likes

In the study of hundreds of mice over four years, a reduced-calorie diet alone extended the animals’ lives by 10%. But feeding mice the diet only at night-time, when the animals are at their most active, extended their lifespan by a whopping 35%!

Perhaps, exercise not on its own but together with CR/TRE expands lifespan.

I run most days, 5-6 miles, and eat 80% of my calories nutritionally dense within an hour post exercises which blunts my appetite for the rest of the day. There are thousands of studies on exercise and healthspan, somehow CR & exercise work in sync to expand lifespan too…

https://longevity.technology/news/active-phase-calorie-restriction-enhances-longevity-says-new-study/#:~:text=Technology%3A%20Studies%20in%20a%20variety,significant%20part%20effecting%20these%20extensions.

2 Likes

I can understand these “doctors” who sell magnets and copper bracelets getting traction on Facebook groups, but I’m surprised to see the people in this forum taking it seriously.

Take a look at the websites of the people who are espousing the benefits of this stuff. They aren’t practicing clinicians with patients . . . they’re just dudes who are selling books, supplements and sci-fi gadgets.

6 Likes

I tend to agree - I’m not convinced by any of the data.

“There are numerous podcasts about PEMF by the likes of Ben Greenfield, Dave Asprey, etc.

And this makes me further suspicious. Dave Asprey is an MBA from Wharton who sells high fat coffee and makes a lot of money from it, and he tries virtually every longevity-linked product in the world… not exactly a very discerning longevity enthusiast and not somebody I’d want to follow generally (though I’ve read that he does take rapamycin, amongst the 100s of things he’s tried).

Skepticism is good in the longevity field … lots of people trying to make a buck with minimal evidence.

Very few of the purported longevity supplements people have marketed in the past twenty years have proven effective in the rigorous NIA ITP trials… which should give us all a good reason to be cautious about claims that aren’t backed up by double blind, placebo-controlled studies.

13 Likes

Dave Asprey among most other “anti aging gurus” apart from David Sinclair actually looks much older than he should do. Makes me wonder why we listen to these guys.

5 Likes

Agree that David Sinclair looks amazing for his age - could pass for early 40s

2 Likes

He is 49… ummm … not impressed. Looks 60 plus to me.

Like the crossed arms pose to pump up the bicep look.

4 Likes

Leave poor old Asprey alone Agetron - we can’t all look as good as you ya beast :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :joy:

Just came across this article - 4 interventions Aubrey de Gray style……

5 Likes

Wow…that was long. Should be informative when done.
Beasting out at the gym… lol.

As a fairly below average guy at 59 years… anyone can do it… right plan… and consistency. I take my rapamycin dose tonight. Haven’t felt any aging… only reduction of issues… past 2.5 years on rapamycin.

8 Likes

Is Asprey taking Rapa?

@Agetron, you make Asprey look like a grandpa. Keep it up!

I won’t be following Asprey’s advice. He tries everything and anything. It looks like he may have taken too much of the wrong things…

3 Likes

He says this in his book “SuperHuman”: published in 2019.

“I’m currently planning to experiment with taking rapamycin intermittently. It is not without risk—as we’ve discussed, … In a couple more years, we’ll know more about the risk-reward ratio, and it will be a lot more affordable. I’m always happy to be a guinea pig, and cutting-edge anti-aging people are using it today.”

I liked this review of his book:

The book then splatters us with alternative health advice, much of which Dave says he has tried on himself. He says he has spent at least $1 million on his own biohacking. He’s had stem cells harvested from his bone and injected into his body on a Facebook livestream. He now says he has a 20-year-old’s brain, an IQ raised by 20 points, and a 15% longer penis.

Amazing! How do I get a super brain and a super dong? Easy. Just try intermittent fasting, infrared saunas, shockwaves to your genitals, stem-cell injections, anti-ageing drugs like Metformin and Rapamycin, ozone enemas, grass-fed meat, cayenne peppers, fisetin, ashitaba, oil swilling, Vitamin D, Vitamin C, turmeric, piracetam, glutathione, CoQ10, activated charcoal, jaw alignment surgery, stool analysis, fecal implants, young blood, nicotin and heroin. Heroin? Sure, it’s anti-ageing, why do you think Keith Richards is still alive? (Dave doesn’t directly recommend heroin but he does say members of the ‘elite’ of Sweden used it for many years for anti-aging) Give up gluten, glucose, grain and alcohol (except for ‘really good wine’).

Then measure it all, with blood tests, telomores measuring, sleep measuring, penis measuring, and neural feedback via the Halo neuro-electric headset which enables Dave to beat his 10-year-old son at ping-pong, because it ‘slows down time like Neo in the Matrix’.

6 Likes

Looking good legend :clap: :+1:t3::facepunch:t2:

1 Like