The Effective and Safe Supplements / Medications Today

If you look at the first line of the article you will see that it is just a reprint of the article from the epoch times. I do not believe anything I read, but keep reading things anyway just for the practice.

The Media Bias and fact checkers lie as much as the rest.

Also I think statins have an even chance of making your life longer. I think the odds are worse than even that they make it better. I know too many that suffered and quit. Also I think LDL is part of the immune system. It detoxifies the LPS and hauls it away. The best solution today is Cavadex. It sucks but I’ll know within a week whether it lives up to the hype.

Nothing has changed.

Today it is Edward Bernays on steroids.

2 Likes

Epoch Times is even worse.
https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/?s=Epoch+times

2 Likes

I get it. But there’s bias and there’s fecal.

1 Like

A really good evidence based primer on this topic, for those who want to learn more about the number one killer/disabler - irrespective of one’s position on statins, the bottom line is a high ApoB has an extraordinary predictable bad outcome.
This series is remarkably good, can be a bit of a struggle for folks who haven’t done a science doctorate - but is still digestible. Lipid Series - The Proof
Listening to scientists and physicians who have lots of experience, and have no product to sell you, and truly just strive to give their best version of the science is valuable. I found this series to reinforce everything I know as a physician with 4 board certifications who doesn’t make a penny from someone taking statins - actually I make a lot more if they don’t as we’ll need more emergency physicians to care for all the vascular disasters!

7 Likes

@Bicep The video Rhonda Patrick produced of her interview with Ron Krause (I posted here some time ago) discussed how ldl picks up the LPS which is then cleared from the body when the ldl is picked up by the liver. Statins make the liver produce more ldl receptors to remove ldl from the bloodstream. This is why ldl measurements decrease and how the lps gets taken out. So, statins help with removal of lps, according to Krause.

I think this is the one. Check it out.

5 Likes

My bempedoic acid arrived today, so I will begin that and hopefully have the new numbers around June. I could not take statins because it caused severe muscle soreness even with CoQ10 supplementation and taking the lowest dose every other day. Everyone has a unique biology. I hope bempedoic acid will work for me.

If not, I’ll have a 6 month supply up for sale. :wink:

4 Likes

Thanks, yes I did watch this one. LDL is a broad swath of particles. Only a few are bad. The rest are good and useful.

So as a farmer I would say they need a statin with a softer footprint. Chemical companies are trying to come up with insecticides that target just certain insects. It’s a lot like that. Now we have to kill all insects in an alfalfa field in order to stop just one (leaf hopper). There are dozens of species and many are good guys. Many are neutral. So it pays to kill them all and that’s the way it’s always been done. I think it’s important to understand that. I helped do a trial on one and it actually worked, but it’s not come to market to my knowlege. Probably not worth it for the company.

1 Like

I doubt you watch Greg Hunter USA Watchdog. He’s way out there but finds interesting people and has interesting conversations with them. He’s had Mark Crispin Miller on twice now. He taught a course on Propaganda at NYU for years and was of course a liberal. Now he’s watching propaganda take place and he’s doing his best to stop it:

It’s just his opinion folks, you have all the rest of MSM. You can listen to them day and night.

2 Likes

Apo B / LDL should change faster than that. My cardiologist said to test after 3 months to both me and my mother if different med strategies. I tested already after a month and saw results it’s one of the more frequent things I’m testing now (until I’ve calibrated exactly where I want to be).

Apo B is relatively cheap or to save more a traditional cholesterol panel is almost no cost at all at $17 dollars I think (at least in the US via Quest / UltaLabs).

3 Likes

I started statins just recently (mini doses), but have been on K2 for years. Nevertheless, I happened to accumulate coronary calcium. K2 didn’t prevent it.

1 Like

So people naturally ate a small breakfast, but some shoddy surveys and marketing made people eat a larger breakfast. And bacon & eggs for it, while typically people ate a little bit of carbs for breakfast before that period.

“Cascade” should be very easy to do an N of one experiment/trial. To show any effects

I post this again;

1 Like

BTW how’s your Cavadex going for you? Any noticeable results?

I was on pretty big doses of K2 for years and still got a surprise CAC of 285 in 2020. I got off carbs, strictly Keto for a while and started running daily. 1 year later it was 323 and I was crushed because I really put a lot of effort into this which included losing nearly 30 lbs. And the exercise plus keto plus starting Rapa had me cramping quite a bit and my electrolytes must have been a little messed up so I got the a-fib in there too. I blamed the a-fib on NAC, probably rightfully so. Then I saw this just the other day:

http://www.orthomolecular.org/resources/omns/v19n43.shtml

And the author has a Phd, so he may be right. I’ve been taking potassium citrate since but not at the rate he is.

So my next CAC in early feb of this year was 303, so I backed it up 20 points and moved it out of the LM almost entirely. My feeling is that the disease takes a while to resolve. Might be looking at years since it takes years for the lesions to turn into plaque. Just had my CAC this morning so should know soon whether the Cavidex did anything. I only managed to use one box (32 doses) and did not get consistently good yield. Still they have sold me on the concept if not the delivery method. I’ll post my results somewhere here when I get them.

7 Likes

Doing keto certainly wasn’t helping in your case. Try to crush your LDL-C below 55mg/dL with medication.

3 Likes

Probably just measurement error. Just try to reduce risk of an event by using medications that do show a reduction in clinical trials. I hope you are taking anticoagulants if a doctor tells you to for the afib as well, that do show a reduction in events of stroke in clinical trials.

Clinical trials, clinical trials, clinical trials. Anything else is just theory and noise. Experimental evidence wins every time.

4 Likes

My theory on various foods or diets is that they may be good in preventing certain health conditions, but they do little to nothing to reverse/correct an existing condition.

1 Like

Even if keto may help lower inflammation (no clinical data for that yet), the sheer amount of saturated fat in it makes more than up for that. Even in the recent Lean Mass Hyper-Responder study, the keto group still had progression of their arterial plaque despite having optimal health otherwise.

May I ask what doses of K2 had you been using?