Synthetic food for healthspan

P1) If the health value of natural foods can be improved via artificial manipulation, then there are unnatural foods that are preferable to some natural foods.

(V→M)

P2) The health value of natural foods can be improved via artificial manipulation.

(V)

C) Therefore, there are some unnatural foods that are preferable to some natural foods.

(∴M)

“Replacing meat with fruit lowers risk, but that doesn’t mean that fruit is without long-term harms or risks as well. Bearing this in mind, I posit that if we truly want to maximize the thriving potential of food, we must engineer our own food.”

Synthetic food would be like a royal jelly, a human jelly that improves health and lifespan and is satisfactory in some way (or not, depending how much we like the benefits).

I understand there are people with superstitious beliefs but it seems to me this is the future of food, but what is the truth of food now?

How can we go from here to the future?

What would be the engineering process? Soylent: maltodextrin, soy protein isolate? @AlexKChen @Neo

1 Like

I’m thinking first the optimal carbohydrate source has to be picked (as it should probably be most of calories), the blood glucose shouldn’t apparently peak too high or it might destroy small blood vessels in different organs like the kidney, heart, brain, and destroy blood vessels in the eyes, penis and extremities, at least that is the case for diabetes according to Peter Attia. I don’t know if that generalizes to peak glucose in non-diabetic people.

Soylent has picked maltodextrin and isomaltulose. It has soluble fiber from corn and insoluble fiber from vegetable cellulose.

Huel has chosen ultra-fine powdered oats and tapioca starch, it mentions that maltodextrin has a higher glycemic index and is synthetic.

Don’t you think you might be missing out on the psychological effects of food, eating, enjoying food, preparing food, and sharing it with people you love?

Yes that has kept me from a blueprint diet, but sacrifices has to be made. If they see you thriving they might join you, but the health benefits can only be seen decades later.