Supplements that lower ApoB

Oui. C’est la meme chose, according to Memorial Sloan Kettering.

1 Like

To be clear, I believe in “do no net harm”, not necessarily “do no harm” - which is a rather crude statement.

For example, excessive amounts of lead are proven harmful and almost always not worth a potential small benefit.

You may, of course, have a different view of what constitutes harm and what you may consider a potential benefit that justifies a known harm with a very high personal risk tolerance.

But I think in the example I highlighted most people would consider this type of harm not worthwhile assuming one is fully informed, especially with readily available alternatives.

We can agree to disagree, but I think you should really reconsider reviewing the situation and benefit vs risks with an independent third-party.

2 Likes

I do talk to medics about what I am doing. Not necessarily in precise detail. However, I have not discussed changing things like the levels of Lithium I take (initially 1mg, then 5mg now 5mg three times a week) because the maths is quite straight forward and I don’t think there is research materials that can improve on what I have found).

1 Like

I purchased an ApoB blood test for $16 through Life Extension today. It’s on sale right for $21 and then I used discount code “NEWFIBER” to save an additional $5

2 Likes

Thanks for the tip. I just ordered and it will be interesting to compare the result with an APOB test I did a couple of years before starting rapa, even though there have been other changes, so hardly a controlled experiment.

1 Like

I started taking Zetia a few weeks ago so I’m interested to see the effect it has had

1 Like

I’m really impressed with Zetia. My ApoB went from 98 to 64 over the last few weeks.

2 Likes

In general, I favor drugs over supplements as the US supplement industry is not regulated and most of the supplements sold are by Asian vendors with a US front.

3 Likes

what is the reason you prefer candesartan over other ARBs (such as Losartan or Temisartan) for BP and Dementia protection? Peter Diamandis is on Losartan while Bill Faloon is on temisartan.

This is interesting. What is the mechanism connecting fiber with BP?

I would speculate it is the blood sugar blood pressure connection. Regulating blood sugar and insulin will potentially regulate blood pressure.

Makes sense. I’ve heard that low fiber / highly processed foods can lead to high blood sugar over time which leads to higher AGEs which, especially in insulin resistant people, leads to hardening of arteries which shows up as higher BP. In metabolically healthy people, the AGEs can be avoided better and cleared better (less accumulation).

2 Likes

Not 100% sure, better gut microbiome and lower glucose spikes? But it definitely works, and work well.

1 Like

Predisposed to high cholesterol despite low bmi… I stopped statin as I wanted my brain fat:) But Xetia isn’t cutting it.

Taking Repatha rather than statin primarily because of the moderate Lp(a) lowering. After about 10 months APOB went from 95 to 43. Lp(a) from 40 to 29, LDLC from 124 to 51. Trigs up slightly, 65 to 73 and HDL from 125 to 114 (still scary high). Also take 5 mg ezetimibe.

Interested in the comments about citrus bergamot and amla for blood glucose, plus also citrus pectin. My H1C has been about 5.8 for a long time --might just be genetic predisposition - but am taking metformin and it hasn’t moved the needle.

2 Likes

Bempedoic Acid + Ezetemibe is a great alternative to statins.

2 Likes