Special Purchase Deals and Discounts Thread - Supplements, etc

iHerb 20% Discount Through 4/10/24 at 10:00 AM PT

FWIW

Received a 20% discount code in promotional email from

“Through 4/10/24 at 10:00 AM PT, use code WORLDHEALTH24 and enjoy 20% Off Sitewide. Don’t miss this opportunity to stock up on your favorite health essentials or discover something new!”

I have no financial interest in this organization

3 Likes

I know these discounts and deals can be helpful for people to save some money, but I don’t want to have a ton of threads on this - so I’ve made this one thread for “deals and discounts” that people want to share. Please post in this thread for these types of things.

5 Likes

You should always cross-reference iHerb products with the same product on Amazon. Sometimes they are the same price or cheaper even with a discount. Sometimes they are a really good deal.

1 Like

Picked up the following discount code at GoodRX for CVS Pharmacy in the North Jersey area on 04-27-2024

Generic sirolimus 180 tablets 1mg for $110.17 - out of pocket pay

This is .62 cents per mg

Yes you would require a prescription.

Screenshot 2024-04-27 at 15-40-17 Sirolimus coupon $106.17-110.17 for 180 tablets 1mg at CVS Pharmacy from GoodRx

2 Likes

Joseph, what does it cost you to get the prescription and how many refills are they good for?

I’m assuming a doctor’s appointment costs some amount of money, and from that appointment you get a prescription good for a certain period of time, for a certain number of pills…

1 Like

2 days only. Stock up. You can also pay with your HSA / FSA accounts (pre-tax money) for supplements.

1 Like

Thank you for your generosity!

I can email you directly, but perhaps this would be helpful for others?

In loading up my cart, I have a question… I’ve been thinking of trying some sort of mushroom powder … so so so many types out there! Cordyceps, reishi, etc…
is there anything in particular you would recommend I try. I want something to add to my latte or a shake that wouldn’t have an offense taste :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Beth here is a podcast I did with the absolute expert in mushrooms, Jeff Chilton.

Jeff Chilton, an expert in the study of historical uses and impact of medicinal mushrooms, and who is also the Founder of Nammex, the very first company to supply medicinal mushroom extracts to the nutritional supplement industry.

Per Jeff: What Mushrooms to try?

• Chaga (Inonotus obliquus)
  • Reishi (Ganoderma lucidum)
  • Turkey Tail (Trametes versicolor)
  • Maitake (Grifola frondosa)
  • Shiitake (Lentinula edodes)
  • Cordyceps (Cordyceps militaris)
  • Lion’s Mane (Hericium erinaceus)

He said to try reishi if you were only going to try one.

2 Likes

Wow, that was excellent. Joe, you are a great host/interviewer! I will listen to more of your podcasts!

I’ll get one product and maybe you can advise me…

I see there is a product of theirs that contains 5 different mushrooms (5 defenders), or just reishi.

I see they both come as pills or powder. If all else is equal, I prefer a powder. Have you tried both of these products in powder form? Is the taste fine in a latte or smoothie? Or do you recommend a pill.

THANK YOU!

1 Like

Thanks! I always go for powders but I just mix all my powders together in a witches brew for convenience rather than taste. 5 Defenders is a good way to go. Make sure you are getting the minimum effect dose per item.

1 Like

What are some good sources for powders that are cost effective and high quality?

1 Like

I think these guys are the best:: Real Mushrooms

I buy them on my Fullscript site where I have set up a discount from retail that is available to anyone who requests access.

3 Likes

Swanson has 45% off and free shipping ending today. Also, Rakuten is giving 6% cash back. Code is VIP45

2 Likes

DoNotAge is having a clearance sale. I decided to get some more NMN powder as the price was much better than in the past.

https://donotage.org/deals?utm_source=Klaviyo&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=REST%20OF%20WORLD%20-%20BEST%20BEFORE%20MAY%202025%20PRICE%20DROP&utm_klaviyo_id=01FY99SEHVX7AFRKPT0BCPAWFF&_kx=bam9ku3SqX_p2aB2s3hN36Kh5BLYXbc24qaoiavh4dQ.Y46Ge8

2 Likes

I only checked a few but even on sale the test prices seem high. LIfe Extension sells a Vitamin D blood test for ~$35 and Omega-3 for ~$60. There is an Omega-3 upgrade for a slightly higher price.

2 Likes

Yes. DNA is usually expensive but high quality IMHO. You do have to compare prices because even on sale, not everything is a bargain.

I thought the NMN powder was a good deal. I know it won’t help longevity, but I take it for energy and healthspan.

3 Likes

Costco just put Pure Hawaiian BioAstin (natural) Astaxanthin on sale: 12 mg., 120 caps, $39, shipping included. Pure Hawaiian Spirulina also on sale.

1 Like