Side Effects of Rapamycin (part 2)

I knocked up a mixture of 60% thymol, 20% eucalyptus, 20% peppermint and some bits of other essential oils. You might add in carvacrol or little bits of clove.

However, this should then be diluted with water (20% mix 80% water). Carvacrol is oregano oil.

That mix I used to manage dental infection.

If you are going for a simple solution perhaps just dissolve thymol. There are papers that look at the effectiveness of essential oils vs antibiotics. If you want me to hunt them up ask and I will, but not necessarily immediately.

This is for topical use. Given what I have learnt more recently I might add in some DMSO to see if that gets it through the skin. However, I have not done any testing of that and I would be careful.

On a quick search I have found this:

That is using cinnamon oil which is another of the oils which has antimicrobial activity.

I would start looking at 20% essential oils, 20% DMSO and 60% water. However, I have no experience with using DMSO this way and you need to do your own research on that.

1 Like

Please explain this: My understanding is if you take 6mg without GFJ, your body only absorb about 2 mg due to low bioavailability. if you are taking 6mg with GFJ, the maximum dosage from the pills cannot exceed 6mg of the pills, because where do you get the extra 24 mg of sirolimus out of 6mg pills?

I think he got a boost of Rapamycin from the DMSO hair tonic.

1 Like

In this paper:

The most effective from the point of view of concentration was Clove Oil, then Peppermint,Then Tea Tree, Then Thyme then Lavender. Thymol and Tea Tree were about the same. (22/17)

3 Likes

Just an update:

Antibiotics are working really well so far. Inflammation and pain are almost gone, although the cyst and associated bump are still there. I may need the surgery to remove that. Such an annoying pain in the neck.

Just FYI, I do not think this is Rapamycin related. I have just continued to stop dosing until it is all resolved. I need a heightened immune system and wound healing right now.

5 Likes

See this Improve Bioavailability of Rapamycin (2)

1 Like

I use silver gel, a fairly inexpensive gel, from silver biotics, as the first line of defense against minor skin infections. it is also anti-viral and will knock out a herpes simplex sore immediately. I also use liquid colloidal silver for mouth sores. Swish it around and swallow or spit. None of my mouth sores have lasted longer than 12 hours. Another great anti-bacterial for cyst like lesions is 10% benzoyl peroxide.

5 Likes

I visited pharmacies over here the past weeks, and it turned out Lmitrex in several European countries is only available per prescription. My GP agreed today to prescribe it, so I can finally give it a try once needed. Thanks for the recommendation.
Unfortunately my GP didn’t feel comfortable to prescribe Provigil for the fatigue. He didn’t feel comfortable with its potential side-effects/safety profile he said. (But on the other hand he also readily admitted that he didn’t really know what Provigil is normally prescribed for, and was using Google to find more info :slightly_smiling_face:. I was too uninformed myself also).

1 Like

Sounds like his knowledge of provigil is limited.

I hope that the imitrex helps. Good chance that it will.

2 Likes

Indeed, you are right, and he mentioned that also. He mostly seemed worried that a side-effect of Provigil could be headaches, and on the other hand he was prescribing the Lmitrex against migraines. He said he thus wasn’t sure how one may interact with the other.
Thanks, happy to be able to try out the Lmitrex when needed.

Thanks so much, Mike: appreciate the Magnesium-recommendation. Sorry if I hadn’t been clear, but admittedly I only experience a headache on day 2-3 after dosing Rapamycin. So in that sense I certainly can’t complain :slight_smile:. But since this headache seemed to be present for up to a day and quite unpleasant I wanted to do something about it.
I do take a Magnesium-supplement each day (albeit a low dose). But I had no idea Magnesium is sometimes also used as an acute treatment option for headaches, as discussed in the link you provided. Thanks, I may certainly want to give it a try also.

Indeed I complement the Rx meds I do take with quite a few natural/herbal alternatives (but try to avoid doing so those days I take Rapa). I think there is a place for both, albeit admittedly I’m somewhat concerned not just about CYP3a4 inhibition (and again after recently reading a post about piperines potential effect on Rapa serum levels), but also other potential interactions. Difficult to know if I may be doing my health a disservice ultimately. But that’s a topic for another thread of course :slightly_smiling_face:.

After 5 weeks of stopping oral Rapamycin, I have recovered fully from the bacterial infection (which ended up not being too bad due to antibiotics!). I took a dose of 2 mg + GFJ + Metformin this morning + @AgeTron’s hair tonic. Hopefully there won’t be any more side effects!

4 Likes

This comes from Michael Lustgarten’s free ebook. Microbial Burden. I hope the pic works:

Your skin maintains a ph of around 5.5 to stop bacterial infection. Soap has a ph of 9 usually, meaning it gives the bacteria like 6 hours of a loss of barrier function after every time you use soap. If you can read the chart above you will see there are only 2 soaps that work, Dove and a prescription soap that is unavailable here. I did buy the Dove and it cleans like crazy. This is what it looks like:

The label:

There was also a graph that he showed how Urea dramatically increases barrier function in the skin and 10% was the best rate. So I’ve been thinking about adding 10% urea to this liquid soap and trying that.

If taking Rapa reduces your ability to keep bacteria from entering your body through the skin then it may be important to pay attention to this. I’ve not had a rash but I only take 4 mg with GFJ every 12 days now.

3 Likes

Thanks for that. Actually I do use Dove exclusively as my cleaning soap. It comes in a variety of scents and the whole family likes it. :slight_smile:

Dove in solid form looks to be a ph in the low 7’s. The only form of Dove that is ph 5.16 is the bottle pictured of liquid soap labelled for sensitive skin, hypoallergenic and says microbiome under that. I got it at Wal Mart.

I ordered the Urea. In the skin it turns on the CAMP gene which makes LL-37, an antimicrobial peptide. I’m guessing the AMP in CAMP stand for anti microbial peptide. Using Urea triples the amount of LL-37. It quaduples the amount of beta defensin-2, which is another antimicrobial peptide.

So washing with a basic soap (and that would be all soap since it is made with Lye and fat), gives the bacteria free reign of your skin to set up shop for about 6 hours. It wipes out your defense. Using the liquid Dove cancels that out so that it is as if you didn’t even wash. Using Urea triples one AMP and quadruples the other.

I never wash my face with soap. No need to, it just removes too much natural oil. I just rinse with water and use a facecloth. My skin is very good for my age. Really quite good for any age minus a few wrinkles.

2 Likes

I used to be the same regarding washing my face. I didn’t think it mattered. After a chat with my dermatologist, she said try a face wash and moisturizer. It has made a huge difference. I use the Dove liquid soap to wash and then I apply a simple Physiogel moisturizer. My skin looks a lot better! And if you look younger, you feel younger.

2 Likes

Crazy, my dermatologist told me I would be better off not using any soap on my face. And, I am happy with that and the results.
Of course, women who use make-up might need soap.

Of course we’ve had soap for a little over 2000 years, so it must be ok. But before that there were people looking almost exactly like us for 250,000 years. So it must be ok to go without too.

I would like to go the other way. I get tired of washing my body manually every night, but it is necessary because of my job (and the way I do it). I need to be clean so the bed doesn’t get dirty. They have washers for clothes, dishes,cars…there should be a baby bidet, this is a grudge from my youth and 5 kids. I want to just step into a cabinet and maybe a seal around the face, hit a button and relax and enjoy the show. Why has this not been done? You’re an engineer, this could be your lasting contribution to mankind.

2 Likes

There are times I have to use soap on my face, but rarely. I just shower without putting soap on my face.
Unfortunately, I was an electronics design engineer, so I don’t know anymore than the average man about plumbing.

1 Like