Should I stop taking rapamycin while I have covid?

My co-worker came to work sick a few days ago, now I’m sick with covid confirmed from covid test. (sore/dry throat, chills,fever, aching muscles. sweating & feel warm to touch.

Would taking rapamycin make me heal slower? my last dose was 10mg of rapamycin was 11th of this month, so 10 days ago.

3 Likes

One of the rapamycin side effects is upper respiratory tract infection, in this paper, Sirolimus increased the viral copies on day 10 post-infection, so I think it’s better wait for complete heal from flu virus.

2 Likes

that study is not really applicable are the mice were treated continuously for four weeks which would also suppress mtorc2 but still better safe than sorry skipping 1 dose won’t really make a difference for longevity

7 Likes

edit:. not flu! i have a covid. Tested positive on 2 tests. any 1 know about rapamycin and covid?

going to rest and skip my rapamycin dose until my covid test comes back negative. Just to be safe.

4 Likes

fortunately covid is much milder than influenza for the young especially the current strains

1 Like