SGLT2 perspective a few years earlier -- interesting

You could be right as I’m aware of a study on diabetics that showed no significant difference although there was a slight increase in the mean.

Here’s the study that shows 300g boiled beef increased serum creatinine albeit older which led me to believe that there is a basis. As noted - the suggested culprit is creatine intake but they didn’t explicitly prove it:

https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/10.1177/000456328602300304?url_ver=Z39.88-2003&rfr_id=ori:rid:crossref.org&rfr_dat=cr_pub%20%200pubmed

Personally, I’ve also had increases in creatinine compared to when being off it for a month (i.e. forgot to bring it on a trip), which was also the case for my partner. It does appear to have a difference for me over 2 tests. There could be confounders or individual differences of course.

1 Like

I think maybe you are right, I dont have a cuff around.

I took 10g of creatine in a smoothie before I went and had an MRI, and the radiologist refused to inject the contrast because he insisted i was in renal failure, even though I told him my creatinine was high because of the creatine. I found support in the literature for acute increase in creatinine after creatine supplementation, (which makes perfect sense since it’s a breakdown product of creatine, especially with a 10g dose which was unnecessarily high), although I don’t have time to find the reference at the moment. My creatinine is always a bit high, but eGFR from cystatin C is excellent.

2 Likes

There is evidence that SGLT2i’s lower fasting glucose levels.
" Jardiance (empagliflozin), a sodium-glucose cotransporter 2 (SGLT2) inhibitor, increases brain insulin sensitivity and reduces fasting blood glucose and liver fat in individuals with prediabetes , a new randomised clinical study reports"
Jardiance Reduces Brain Insulin Resistance, Fasting Blood Glucose in Prediabetes - The Prediabetes Nutritionist.

3 Likes