Senolytics Topically Administered to Skin for Antiaging Effects

have u even tried tacrolimus ? It got mostly rid of my dark reddish purplish pigmentations and also much of the swelling of which tretinoin and many other things did not. Also to the comment there have been no studies on rapamycin topical to skin is false. There has been at least one likely more on back of hand and an ongoing study using 8% rapa , i think much higher than needed. Though doubt that rapa… for the eczema would not work but tacrolimus likely would if anything would. Can be bought ready made for like .2% in a 10g ointment from Reliable in india for around $15 or so though with a $18 ship/handle fee for no matter how much u buy from them so u may as well order other things from them also… Not to say u couldn’t make a better one by formulating your own tacrolimus solution.l.

1 Like

Thanks for the idea, I will look into that.

Hi- wondering if you would be able to put in a link for Reliable in India. Couldn’t find it with a web search. Thanks…

@sallyjane i made error that is 0.1% not .2% tacrolimus and brandname is Tacroz $14.19 from Reliable. Try https://www.reliablerxpharmacy.com . have many more things and is a straight $18 ship/handle no matter how much u buy so u should buy as many other items as u may need for efficiency. Also be advised at least in my opinion tacrolimus is not the type of thing you use for general maintenance without a specific reason. For example one can use rapamycin topically in general daily for no specific reason but not to use tacro indiscrinently for no reason i would say though don’t know of any specific harm but am sure there is some reasons, side effects etc.

1 Like

senescent cell removal by vaccine

1 Like

I finally got around to trying dasatinib topically on my hands, face, feet.
It definitely works.

4 Likes

Can you provide a little detail about your experience?

2 Likes

Tell us more… what dosing level (mg dasatanib to grams of hand cream), how long you used it, what the frequency of application was, etc. Any pre/post photos?

2 Likes

I found this old thread on longecity that I used for instructions. I started out in smaller amounts testing hands and feet, so just used 5mg. mixed in 5ml of lotion. My hands and feet just look and feel much healthier, smoother and have a pink healthy glow to them. My face is slower to respond but I also put less on there just out of caution. You can definitely feel a smoothness to the skin.

There are more detailed instructions on this page.

5 Likes

Very interesting reference. Since I have sun-damaged skin and am prone to actinic keratosis, I think I will add some to my next batch of rapamycin spray.

From the reference:
" Three applications to the face will cause minor peeling that can persist two weeks or longer."

Do you think that is from the dasatinib, or from some of the other ingredients listed?

I personally would not mix rapamycin and dasatinib at the same time.

I assume the peeling is from the dasatinib but not sure. I only used dasatinib and none of the other ingredients, worked fine. I may add them later but it doesnt seem necessary.

3 Likes

I agree - I would keep senolytics together (e.g. dasatinib, and substances with cationic amphiphilic characteristics) and senomorphic drugs like rapamycin in a separate blend, and dosing schedule.

2 Likes

I made a mixture of 20ml/transcutol + 80ml/water. Crushed 10 mg of dasatinib and added to the mixture stirred and filtered. There seems to be very little insoluble material in the 5mg tablets. I am fond of the spray-on mixtures. I tried it yesterday with zero side effects so far. If I don’t have any side effects, I will increase the dasatinib. My skin still has some sun damage that I am trying to get rid of.
Do you think I am on the right track?

3 Likes

Yes, sounds like a prudent approach, just up the dasatinib slowly to check tolerance.

I incorrectly said 5mg tablets, the amount of dasatinib I crushed up was 2, 20mg tablets so I have approximately 40 mg of dasatinib in 100 mL of solution. I have used it 2 days now on the top of my head with no noticeable irritation.

1 Like

Keith, Your article from Longecity carried me in several directions. One direction led to this article about topical Dasatinib for Rheumatoid Arthritis. The article goes into great detail about the preparation of a " Nano-Emulgel for Rheumatoid Arthritis." I’m sure no one here will go to the lengths described in this article. So, I simply include it here only for those who really like detailed medical reading. Be warned that it will make your head spin!

2 Likes

Well so much for the Dasatinibe skin cream;

Hopefully, it is slightly soluble in Transcutol which I used. It appears to be more soluble in DMSO

This means I have no idea how much Dasatinib is actually available in my DIY solution.

SPRYCELTM (dasatinib) Tablets - Patient Insert Document (below)

Dasatinib is a crystalline white powder that has pH-dependent aqueous solubility. Its solubility ranges from 18.4 mg/ml at pH 2.6 to 0.008mg/ml at pH 6.0.

It looks like stomach acid makes dasatinib more bioavailable. Contrarily it was noted that drinking Coke or Pepsi improved bioavailability by diluting stomach acid. “This manuscript reviews the relevant literature supporting a strategy of temporarily lowering the gastric pH with a carbonated beverage at the time of drug administration”

What am I not understanding?

Can anyone get access to the complete text of the following article? It is not specifically about anti-aging effects, but it may have some ideas about how to formulate a Dasatinib topical cream.

2 Likes

From the usual source: https://sci-hub.wf/10.1111/bjd.12069#

bjd.12069.pdf (461.3 KB)

1 Like