Reverse Gray Hair, Hair Repigmentation

I’ve used it on my eyebrows for years and it definitely seems to work. ADC sells it at a decent price. I’ve considered working on figuring out how to make a solution with it to use on my scalp but that’s for a bit later in my longevity journey.

3 Likes

Mind sharing the exact formulation you use and your experience with it ?

1 Like

I got insurance for my recent Kachhela order, so they will resend if I don’t get it for any reason. Not too expensive, $20 if I recall correctly. It was a larger order this time of over 1000 pills of various types, and I hear that customs might be more likely to stop a large order. We’ll see…

3 Likes

I’m not sure if this is for me? Forgive me I’m new.

I think Aman wanted to know if you’re using .03% bimatoprost, one drop per eyebrow once a day, or some other dosage or concoction.

1 Like

Thank you for clarifying. I put 2 drops on a disposable applicator and do my eyelashes first and then my eyebrows about 2-3 times per week. Initially I used it daily but after the first 6-8 weeks I cut back to a maintenance schedule.

3 Likes

For the males in the audience here, what exactly do you mean by “a disposable applicator”. I’m just curious, as I’ve never seen the term. Are you talking about Q-tips, or something else.

Also, you mentioned in an earlier post that "I’ve used it on my eyebrows for years and it definitely seems to work. ADC sells it at a decent price. "

What is the ADC source that you are mentioning - can you provide a link/URL?

1 Like

I use these disposable lipstick applicators.

3 Likes

And this is where you purchase from I assume ADC = All Day Chemist:

Just a note on pricing - it seems that generally ADC is priced at about 300% higher than the typical reputable India pharmacies we have identified and have experience with - e.g. the cost of the Bimat 3ml bottles are about $3.50 from the India Reputable pharmacies, and over $12.00 US from AllDayChemist.
eg: https://www.oddwayinternational.com/?s=Bimatoprost&post_type=product&product_cat=0

and the reason why this product is useful on eyelashes, and hair:

This medication is used to treat patients with not enough or inadequate eyelashes. Bimatoprost makes the eyelashes more noticeable by causing more eyelashes to grow and making them longer, thicker, and darker. Bimatoprost is similar to a natural chemical in the body (prostaglandin).

Yes sir! I don’t get it with the applicator because it’s more affordable without it and I personally think it’s important to use a clean brush for each use. The applicator that comes with it isn’t very good anyway. If you buy the expensive brand latisse here in the US they include about 60 disposable applicators to avoid the potential of infection in reusing them. That’s probably not important if you are just using it on the eyebrows though.

3 Likes

Good information! I would be content with dark and full eyebrows as in my youth. The other gray hair will have to wait for a more affordable solution.

Has anyone had success yet with the River Town or other topical repigmentation hacks?

2 Likes

I have self prescribed Minoxidil oral, 5 mg, and I notice improved growth, but no change in the gray.

2 Likes

Adverse Effects of Nilotinib, Not sure its worth it:

Adverse Effects

>10%

Rash (33%)
Headache (31%)
Nausea (31%)
Pruritus (29%)
Fatigue (28%)
Pyrexia (24%)
Diarrhea (22%)
Constipation (21%)
Vomiting (21%)
Arthralgia (18%)
Cough (17%)
Extremity pain (16%)
Asthenia (14%)
Muscle spasms (14%)
Myalgia (14%)
Abdominal pain (13%)
Bone pain (13%)
Back pain (12%)
Dyspnea (11%)
Nasopharyngitis (11%)
Peripheral edema (11%)

1 Like

I wonder if Nilotinib might be valuable topically, rather than orally? Someone could try that, and avoid the side effects.

Also - the other drug mentioned is injection, so probably not something most people want to do:

1 Like

Did this work for you? How did the formulation go for you? Is the resulting formulation reasonable for application on the scalp? Any issues?

I haven’t had a chance to try mixing any yet, unfortunately. My Kachhela order was confiscated, and I requested for them to send a replacement shipment, but after I sent them the FDA confiscation letter, all I got was silence. Then I ordered the tacrolimus and cyclosporine from a different company, and the minoxidil from a third company. The tacrolimus and cyclo have arrived, but I’m still waiting on the minoxidil. If/when it shows up, I’ll be sure to document and post how it goes.

2 Likes

for how long have you been using minoxidil and rapamycin

1 Like

Minoxidil 6 months, rapamycin one month

3 Likes

I’d give it a bit more time, like another 3 months or so. whenever I saw hairs recoloring (which I noticed even before I tried all this longevity stuff) they always started out white and then after 2-4 months of growth started recoloring

5 Likes

Sounds like a good plan !

2 Likes