Rapamycin Users in New Zealand or Australia?

Anybody else in New Zealand (or Australia?) taking part in these discussions?

1 Like

Hi there, I am in Auckland. Are you still on here?

2 Likes

Hi Dionne,

Yes I’m up at Whangarei Heads, but not been able to find any way of getting rapamycin prescribed in NZ. Have you any ideas? My e-mail is johnatlpc@hotmail.com.

Cheers,

John

1 Like

Hi @johngreen49

I’m from Australia. I was taking Rapamycin but by second shipment from India got confiscated and I’m not going to try doing that again and risk being prosecuted - so now I have had to stop.

Cheers

1 Like

Hi John,

The email address that you gave me kept bouncing back. My email is greene_dionne@yahoo.co.nz.
I will let you know if I come up with anything.

Regards

Dionne Wood

1 Like

I have had two shipments delivered from India to a Wellington address.
Have kept them small <150 pills, and both got through no problem.
One was opened and inspected by customs - one was not.
About to place a third order in the next few days.
Look at the section for reliable pharmacies in India - I use Oddways

4 Likes

Hi there jnlott. Great to hear there were no problems getting the rapamycin in. How long have you been taking it? 6mg per fortnight? Have you been doing anything to monitor changes to blood markers etc. since starting to take it? By the way if you want to e-mail I’m johngatlpc@hotmail.com and I live up in Northland.

2 Likes

im australian and take rapamycin :slight_smile: I get my script from a doctor (online doctor service) so I go to the pharmacy to pick up my rapamycin with a prescription. I dont buy online.

2 Likes

Hi there,

I am in NZ and just looked here for an online Dr service. Never heard of it but indeed we do have. How did you go about requesting Rapamycin? Did you have to explain yourself? I don’t quite know where to start. Did you indicate the dosing protocol you would follow? Thanks
Dionne

1 Like

@Jensen_Achilles I am from Australia too. Would you mind sharing the online doctor service that you use? I haven’t been able to find any that will prescribe it.

2 Likes

I think he mentioned earlier that it was Medmate (see the Australia listing here: Rapamycin Prescription, Doctors that Prescribe It

But I think its no longer working for people.

3 Likes

Ok sure - yes, that is correct I already tried them - they no longer prescribe Rapamycin.

1 Like

Folks - I’ve just been contacted by a doctor in Australia who is now prescribing rapamycin to people who will visit him in Melbourne. I’ve added him to the doctors list we have on the site.

Dr Hugh Leslie

Melbourne, Australia

I am a primary care physician in Australia and am willing to prescribe Rapamycin for individuals who are prepared to have an initial face to face consultation and be regularly followed up.

3 Likes

Fantastic!

This is music to my ears.

I will definitely be in touch.

1 Like

Yes, great news! Do you know if he takes patients from outside Australia, provided they visit him initially? I’d also be interested in finding out what he charges, what ongoing monitoring is on offer and how much the rapamycin prescriptions are.

2 Likes

No idea - I recommend you contact him and post here what you learn.

Hi there,

I ordered rapamycin from Oddway’s about 3 weeks ago, and got a letter through the mail this morning from Medsafe NZ. I have to take a form to my GP and get them to fill it out. I’m quite nervous as I know my GP has no idea about longevity meds. Any advice on what I should say? Thanks

1 Like

Sorry meant to say it was stopped by customs.

1 Like

Did you have any luck getting hold of the Australian Dr?
Just read the Medsafe letter more closely. It says they won’t let medicine in to NZ that has been prescribed by Drs outside of NZ.

1 Like

I didn’t follow up on it because I decided I’d wait and see if the study that’s been planned in NZ happens (must chase it up) and obviously if I started taking it outside, then it would rule me out. Well spotted that we can’t receive meds prescribed by overseas doctors, so that’s another hurdle to consider.

2 Likes