Rapamycin User Study Update, University of Washington, Contact your Doctor Too!

I received the following message from Tammi Kaeberlein (yes wife of Matt Kaeberlein) the other day updating us on the University of Washington rapamycin user study progress. Please pass this information on to your doctor (and register yourself, when it goes online in the next week or two).

It sounds like they’d like to register as many doctors and patients as possible - so lets work together to get this message out to people and get as many participants as possible, so that we have as good data as possible on how everyone is doing with rapamycin!

Good evening!

Just a quick note to let you know where we are so far…

We’re still in the process of coding our survey and should be finished within a week or two.

We have connected with another physician who is prescribing Rapamycin, thanks to one of you, and will be working with his patients as well as Dr. Green’s patients. If you know of any other physicians who may be interested in working with us, please let us know!

Lastly, we’re continuing to expand our reach and increasing the number of participants on a daily basis. Thank you to all of you for participating and to all of you for helping to spread the word.

Please don’t hesitate to let me know if you have any questions.

Best regards, Tammi

Dr. Tammi Kaeberlein

University of Washington
Seattle, WA 98195
kaeber2@uw.edu

2 Likes

An update: I signed up for the University of Washington Rapamycin Study April 4, 2022 and received correspondence from Tammi Kaeberlein.

There were several interactive podcasts with host Matt Kaeberlein in March and late May 2022. Pretty amazing to be part of this study.

All has been pretty quiet for months… and yesterday I received a request for my dental records from Jonathan An - DDS and Matt Kaeberlein - PhD for the study. Nice!

No biggie. My dentist says I have the teeth, gums and mouth of a 28 year old. Excellent.

So the UW study continues on a group of self-indentified Rapamycin users.

Link to the study: rapamycinstudy.org

1 Like

I think they plan to write up some case studies of their “more interesting” participants and apparently you fall into that category!

1 Like

Hmmm… well it has been an amazing journey so far! I have a good amount of use at 2 years and 3 months… so something that they can work with.

Personally, I think that those in their early 60’s and using can offer more insight into the age reversal or suspension of aging aspects from rapamycin use more clearly.

Those 40 to 50 are more in a prevention mode… so it may seem there is little benefit on the day-to-day lives. I read that in many posts.

And those in their 70’s to 80’s may get some benefits, but health declines are more impacting.

Will keep everyone informed.

1 Like

This email came today from Tammi Kaeberlein for the UW Rapamycin Study seeking additional information for the study; Seems results will be out before too long. I just finished taking the 2nd survey.
Tammi wrote:
“Because so many of you started taking rapamycin right as our first survey was sent out, we’ve decided to send another one as a follow-up. While we’re very much looking forward to sharing the data from the first survey with you, we do not want to bias your answers for this second, and likely last, survey. The window for this last survey closes at the end of January 2023, at which time we will be able to share our findings with you.”

3 Likes