Rapamycin User Report 17 Weeks; From Age 65 to 37?

So from your perspective, the dosing range should be between 6 and 36 mg. That does seem to make sense. I wonder if that would be altered by taking Metformin or Acarbose as the negative side effects may be mitigated by those?

1 Like

Oh definitely not as high as 36 mg. I was at that level for 7 monthsā€¦ and lost the great age reduction benefits from previous 1 1/2 years at 6 mg.

My recommendation is to keep the dose between 6mg and 12.mgā€¦ current my dose for the past 5 months

I know that 6 mg the standard for many on here is effective at least in my tests.

It was at the higher dose numbers - where I lost benefit.

I wonder what biomarkers suffered from the higher dose numbers?

1 Like

Perhaps a higher dosage already inhibits stem cells. And this, depending on the condition, can be both beneficial and harmful

1 Like

Visited our old friend Aging.Ai today to update any progress I am making from taking rapamycin. This is the first time this test gave me a better result than before I started taking rapamycin. I hope that their learning model is becoming more accurate. In any case, it does give a sense that I am doing some of the right things.
Todayā€™s inputs based on recent tests gave me a 14-year age reduction, 68yrs as opposed to 82yrs. But hell, who wants to be 68? :frowning_with_open_mouth: Start early my friends and keep that 35-year-old body. :sweat_smile:

9 Likes

Good results! Congrats! Thereā€™s nothing wrong though with 68 btw if you keep at least a 40yo body. Iā€™m totally happy with my 68 :grinning: - the whole purpose of taking rapamycin is to age chronologically but not biologically.

4 Likes

FYI - My blood panels and total blood tests (4 pages) all stayed the same the 7 months.

Only the glycans on my proteins and DNA methylation changed. But that is important. Just want to caution on very high dosing.

3 Likes

Yes, my bloodwork improved after I stopped with the higher doses. I am now (I might change my mind next week) taking 5mg weekly.

4 Likes

High dosing will maintain a level of inhibition that probably isnā€™t helpful.

1 Like

@desertshores With or without GFJ?

This result made me seriously doubt the platform. Iā€™m 58 (nearly 59). It predicted my age at 20.

5 Likes

Could be an error. But my greater interest is in your health protocol, if you would be so kind to share.

2 Likes

I am now experimenting with putting the Biocon/Rapacan pills into some enteric-coated capsules that I bought. I have a script to get a rapamycin level check at my local Lab Corp, but they have such a poorly run office you donā€™t how long the wait will be to give a blood sample.
Basically, I have just been procrastinating. I think using the enteric-coated capsules would be less variable than the grapefruit juice. If the capsules donā€™t at least give some multiplication advantage I will go back to using grapefruit juice

4 Likes

Good for you. While I donā€™t have any idea if their age predictions are accurate, they are based on a very large sample base and use AI and the submission of actual age after the test to continually update the accuracy. In any case, it is a fun thing to do to monitor your health progress, and best of all itā€™s free.

3 Likes

Most importantly, I go to the gym 3-7 times a week. I use 18/6 time-restricted feeding, take rapamycin, and a few of the most popular supplements that claim to be age-extending.

4 Likes

Iā€™m not quite sure how to answer that. I have a lot less protocol than many people here. But I have been a pescatarian and non-simple carb eater since about 1985. So my diet is essentially fruit, vegetables, hard boiled egg whites (and one yolk a day) and fish a few times a week. I sort of do time-limited eating. I donā€™t eat breakfast but eat lunch and dinner. I have almost no added fats in my diet (I donā€™t buy any of the keto fanaticism.) From my experience, fat becomes fat in my body ā€”as does any amount of simple carbs. But because of all the fruit and veg in my diet, I get tons of complex carbs without needing to add starches. I think the lack of added fat is what accounts for my extraordinarily good lipid and cholesterol numbers (total cholesterol 143).

I was a professional dancer until my mid-20s, then a fitness athlete and then a competitive triathlete until about 5 years ago. But after 3 spine surgeries and some other orthopedic stuff, I donā€™t compete anymore since more than a little bit of running has become risky for the future of my spine. But I still workout about 90 minutes a day. 60 minutes of cardio (I swim, water jog, cycle depending on the day) including about 15 minutes of high intensity anaerobic threshold intervals. I do some strength training about 2 or 3 times a week. Not tons.

Other than the current Rapamycin regimen (6 mg once a week, 17 weeks so far), the only supplements I take are for specific functions or for things that have periodically been low in my bloodwork. So, glucosamine-chondroitin (for arthritic joints), DHEA because my testosterone skews low and I canā€™t tolerate very much of it without breaking out, D3/K2 and Bacopa (because thereā€™s some data showing it helps maintain cognitive function). My bloodwork doesnā€™t reflect any change since beginning the Rapamycinā€”and I detect no change in my experience other than pimples emerging in odd places (albeit not enough to dissuade me).

Other than that, I drink rarely.
Thatā€™s it.

5 Likes

Thank you.

Regimen is time tested and doable - pescatarian (Japanese), complex carbs (Japanese, Okinawan, Loma Linda Adventists), HIIT (science-based).

Rapamycin, am still on the fence.

The only part not doable by me is the dancing - two left feet.

4 Likes

I just tried aging.ai. I got a predicted age of 29 (Iā€™m 60).

This one gave me 48yo so it is much more realistic. Itā€™s also free.

1 Like

Joseph, you may be killinā€™ it! Of the calculators that I have tried, I think Longevityā€™s is theoretically the least accurate. Why, because it uses the least number of variables and does not indicate what their database (at least as far as I could find) is. On, the other hand, the Levine-derived calculator and aging.ai both have large databases. Aging.ai has arguably the largest database and is constantly updating. I donā€™t what your overall health or fitness routines are, but you are obliviously doing something right. IMO: the Levine-derived calculator is the most accurate of the calculators using just normal blood sample results.

2 Likes

Awesome! I also did the photo-based assessment. It nailed my age exactly.

I do work hard to stay fit, and my daughters tell me I donā€™t have a ā€œdad bodā€. So thereā€™s that.

2 Likes