Rapamycin treatments and dose regime?

Here is a summary of different rapamycin treatments that are currently in use and/or studied. It would be very interesting to do best guesses on the dose regimes of the unknown ones in this list. Any suggestions?

4 Likes

You are the infographics master! This one would be a wonderful reference when it is complete!

2 Likes

This reveals a lot that I never considered!

I’m still new and I never bothered to look into the the immunosuppressive dose. I’m very surprised to learn that the low end is within range to what this community is using (when averaged across days).

1 Like

For the co-administration with ketamine for depression regime, there is at least one study (5mg single dose IIRC).

1 Like

:+1: Do you have a link to that ketamine study?

6mg 2 hrs prior to IV ketamine prolonged the AD effect of ketamine. Single dose, and it’s never been repeated but it makes for a hypothesis for additional studies at that dose.

Dr John Krystal discussed it on the Tim Ferriss podcase a few weeks ago.

2 Likes

The optimal cancer-fighting dose for those taking sirolimus was about 90 mg per week. At doses above 45 mg, however, the drug caused serious gastrointestinal problems, such as nausea and diarrhea, so patients taking sirolimus alone switched to 45 mg twice a week.

The optimal doses for the other two groups were much lower. Patients taking sirolimus plus ketoconazole, needed only 16 mg per week to maintain the same levels of drug in the blood. Those taking sirolimus plus grapefruit juice, needed between 25 and 35 mg of sirolimus per week.

2 Likes

Very interesting, do you have the study link where this was tested?