Rapamycin / Sirolimus from India, Lab Test Report on Quality / Purity

What are the compounding pharmacies?

I am thinking of placing an order for Kachhela rapamycin now…

Alex - not sure what you’re asking here… are you asking “what are compounding pharmacies”?

They are very different than the generic medications manufactured by companies like Biocon, Zydus or Kachhela… which are manufactured in mass quantities and sold as a uniform product (hopefully) around the world.

What’s an example of compounded rapamycin?

Here is an example of a compounding pharmacy in the USA. They are pharmacies make their own products (instead of buying the drugs from the pharma companies). They buy the raw rapamycin powder from some source (probably china) and use other compounds to then package it in a capsule. This is the type of product that people have had problems with in terms of its bioavailability… Bioavailability of Rapamycin From Compounding Pharmacy

What was the cost of doing this lab purity test through Valisure?

It was cheap - about $150 at the time, but they no longer offer it to end customers, and are instead focusing on their pharmacy business.

Now, its hard to find lab tests that are anywhere as close to as comprehensive for 10 times the price.

Siroboon is the brand name of rapamycin marketed by Kachhela Medex. It’s manufactured by Iosis Remedies. And Iosis Remedies is affiliated with Ikon Remedies. It’s their manufacturing facility.

From Ikon’s website:

Our manufacturing unit, Iosis Remedies at Nalagarh, is a GMP certified unit and accredited by an ISO 9001:2008 certificate. The state-of-the-art manufacturing facility empowered by world class machineries and skilful workforce ensures the manufacturing of world class products. We follow stringent quality control procedures at every step right from the purchase of raw material till the dispatch of finished goods.

2 Likes

Iosis Remedies Private Limited is a 2 years 5 months old, private Indian Company, registered at Nagpur with a paid-up capital of Rs.1000000.

This was just one test that was done in 2019, and it looked a bit dodgy even then. Any updates on more reliable generics, or on affordable testing options now that Valisure is out of the game?

Also, what about everolimus?

Thanks,

No updates that i am aware of. And none at all done on everolimus. Yes, far from ideal testing. Please post if you do any testing.

2 Likes

I am trying to figure out which labs are safe, and found this info regarding Dr Reddy’s. This was a few years ago, and I wonder how widespread this is, and whether any action has been taken to address quality control: https://www.fiercepharma.com/regulatory/dr-reddy-s-blasted-warning-letter-for-hiding-existence-of-testing-lab-from-fda

Still happening. Dr. Reddy’s is a mess.
Indian drug firms struggle with quality issues: Chemical & Engineering News

https://cen.acs.org/articles/95/i32/Dr-Reddys-struggles-meet-FDA.html

Dr. Reddy’s Recalls Prescription Drug Blister Packages Due to Risk of Poisoning

As our Administrator says in the opening post:

Yes - I’d avoid Dr. Reddy’s if possible. Zydus and Biocon seem to have a better track record.

1 Like

Who is your provider please?

I bought Zydus from NIBA Healthcare. It’s the only Indian supplier I have used. I have successfully purchased twice. Last time was a 2 year supply.

3 Likes

I bought 400x1mg of Biocon Sirolimus for $262 including shipping in May 2023 from India. It took about 3 weeks to arrive. That’s about 65 cents per mg or about $21 per month @ 8mg per week. It arrived in one package with 40 boxes of 10 pills each in elaborate foil packages with manufacture date of March 2023 and expiration date of February 2025. I paid via Wise.com. That was from the following company:

“We have Rapacan (Sirolimus 1mg) tablets by Biocon (US FDA approved company) costing 160 USD for 200 tablets and 262 USD for 400 tablets. Price includes shipping charges. You can make a T/T wire transfer to our Bank account or through www.wise.com using a card. For any details feel free to contact me.
Regards
Girish Bhattad
Forveda Online Private Limited
Mobile/Whatsapp: +918329187929”

6 Likes

Do we have any new information on affordable labs that can test, or strategies for how to find one? How much did Valisure charge? I found an extremely affordable Chinese supplier with an excellent reputation for the other products they sell, so it’s worth taking a chance, as the lab result is likely to come positive (still wouldn’t trust it without a lab test).

1 Like

Valisure was cheap when they were servicing end users… like $150 for the test per drug. I’ve not seen anyone here quoting any well-priced analytical chemistry labs that do a similar service. Any major city may have them - but Los Angeles (where the supplement industry is big), and New Jersey/New York where the drug / Pharma industry is large - are good places to look.

2 Likes

Buying rapamycin from India has truly been a game-changer for me. It’s one of the best decisions I’ve made, not only because of its effectiveness but also because of the significant cost saving offers.

3 Likes

Hi, the comment about Pfizer’s nano rapa product was interesting vs the generics. I thought I was a poor absorber of rapa via labcorp’s sirulimus blood test ($99 via calling lef.org and asking for a special order blood test for sirolimus). I’ve spent alot on blood testing to tune up the Indian brands (many) VS the booster protocols (graphfruit juice and others) to boost absorption. All along it may be just the generics aren’t well absorbed by anyone, certainly me. But all I know from blood testing 2 hr post taking rapa is that my Indian brands and my pre-protocol manages to get my blood test into the high teens / low 20’s when I do:

• Take a mix and match of many indian brands mainly to use them all up slowly all together. Total mg is around 15mg to 20mg.

• 2 hr prior I take: 1gr berberine + 1 gr peper logum (which has been mentioned here as a senolitic substitute for dasanitib).

Then post taking rapa, 2 hrs, I go get my blood drawn for sirolimus test. I agree what I do is DIY and soup-to-nuts. My receipe just cares about the ending blood test values ideally getting into low 20’s. What tap dancing I had to do prior didn’t mater as long as that I could reproduce it easily and compliantly.

FWIW frozen grapefruit juice cans can;t be purchased here in Atlanta. I can’t be compliant eating a fresh grapefruit so I hit the same receptor with berberine plus pepper longum (if my reading here is correct re the receptor to down regulate to up absorbtion). Regardless my blood test numbers are all I’m after AND I can reproduce my dosing protocol.

Since taking rapa takes decades to see benefit and who knows even 10 yrs later I worry that folks taking rapa today may or may not be benefiting unless they blood test after buying each new batch of rapa even the same brand…

Good luck to all, curt

3 Likes