Rapamycin shipping and storage temperature

Hello, many of us are purchasing Rapamycin tablets via mail order and even from overseas. Last week when I received my shipment it was about 38 degrees C outside. I imagine the shipping cargo area can get much hotter. On the medication container it says not to store at a temperature above 30 deg C. I opened a strip and the medication looks fine. Is anyone aware of any stability issues with the tablet form of rapamycin at extreme temperature ranges that could be experienced during shipping?

Sorry if this was already addressed in the FAQ.

1 Like

I don’t know about the issue of short term temperature exposures, but:

Here is what the Pfizer website says:

Rapamune Oral Solution bottles should be stored protected from light and refrigerated at 2°C to 8°C (36°F to 46°F). Once the bottle is opened, the contents should be used within one month. If necessary, the patient may store the bottles at room temperatures up to 25°C (77°F) for a short period of time (e.g., not more than 15 days for the bottles).

Rapamune Tablets should be stored at 20°C to 25°C [USP Controlled Room Temperature] (68°F to 77°F). Use cartons to protect blister cards and strips from light. Dispense in a tight, light-resistant container as defined in the USP.

Source: https://www.pfizermedicalinformation.com/en-us/rapamune/storage-handling

1 Like

Tablets I believe are far more stable than solution, which is far more stable than powder. It has to do with how the molecule is stabilized (or not) in it’s unique formulation.