Rapamycin Personal Results: Lab Tests, Exercise and Muscle Growth

Wow you look amazing for 81!!

You’ve been doing a lot of small things for a long time, the cumulative end result speaks for itself.

1 Like

Exactly on the muscles - rapa is not testosterone. It might even lower testosterone a bit according to some research. LOL

My arms had been bigger - more meat…, but not as defined on the same exercise regiment. So that is where I mean I got shredded. also, my sets have increased in weight - I am lifting a lot heavier, but bicep not bigger.

I am very confident that rapa has gotten rid of the fat around my organs - visceral fat (about 15 pounds worth) that is something many active men can’t get rid of.
Pics are of my Bicep 2 years ago before rapa (meatier) and Bicep this week (defined).

5 Likes

Wow - that is great. Whatever you’re doing is working. I wish my parents were in half as good a shape.

2 Likes

I have not done this … mmm something for next week. Thanks MAC

2 Likes

Hugely important…IF your intent of course is to get the full Cmax/AUC boost of GFJ.

Do a Sirolimus blood test sometime, trough level at minimum before next dosing.

1 Like

See here:

How, and where, to get a sirolimus / rapamycin level blood test

2 Likes

For those who missed the study on GFJ:

3 Likes

This is incredible, you’re an example for us all. You don’t have any wrinkles!!

My dad is 72 and looks older.

2 Likes

Wow - you look fantastic for your age, and I doubt you’ve been on the Rapa long enough for it to have had much an effect yet.
I reckon you’ve got decades ahead of you.
I’m guessing you are the oldest person on this forum so you are a trailblazer for the rest of us.

2 Likes

My best suggestion to avoid wrinkles is to avoid exposure to sunlight. To give yourself proof of this, examine the skin of your inner thighs compared to your outer forearm and lower front neck. I live in the desert and had excessive exposure to sunlight and developed chronic actinic keratoses on my scalp and was told by my dermatologist to avoid as much sunlight as possible. I take vitamin d supplements and use red light therapy to compensate for my lack of sunlight exposure.

2 Likes

Would absolutely concur. My 82 yr old mom who shuns the outdoor UV, has skin of someone < 50, almost no wrinkles on her face/body. Some 60 yr Floridian shun worshippers I know look like crepe paper.

I’m 70, been taking 6-8 mg/week for about three years. In terms of weight loss, Dr. Green believes if you lose weight while taking rapa your set point doesn’t go down, so your base metabolism is still high. Normally when you lose weight your set point goes down so you can gain weight on the same number of calories you used to consume. I’ve lost 50 lbs (from 235 to 185), and it’s easy for me to stay at this weight without worrying about calories. I just focus on protein grams (P:E diet principles).

Exercise-wise I’ve found that I can exercise harder and have almost zero post-exercise soreness or stiffness. I’ve found it more challenging to add muscle (though I am getting stronger) but that probably has a lot to do with my age and with finding it challenging to eat enough protein. I’m going to really concentrate on progressive overloading now so that should help (it makes me hungrier as well!)

Diet-wise, I was basically on a ketogenic diet when I lost most of the weight. I recently focused more on protein and “slow carbs” (e.g., beans) and cut out any other carbs (other than wine), and lowered fat intake, and dropped 7 lbs. and 1-2% body fat in a couple of weeks.

2 Likes

Charles - good to see you here again. What is your workout routine? How many times a week, for how long? Resistance exercise (e.g. weights), or cardio?

1 Like

I do a HIIT training session on a Schwinn Airdyne 2-3 times a week (one easy, two more intense). I do resistance training with kettlebells a couple of times a week, though I’m going to increase my resistance training over the next few weeks. I don’t do any cardio as such, though both the HIIT and the resistance training work the cardiovascular system. I don’t do any Zone 2 training because I can’t find a way to do it that doesn’t cause overuse issues with my knees.

1 Like

Has your blood work shown any impact on RBCs or hemoglobin? I note a couple of doctors expressing concern over anaemia…

2 Likes

Yes my RBC and hemoglobin have continued to drop since taking rapamycin. The most recent test results were taken after 3 months of high dosage rapamycin. The latest results might be skewed because I donated blood two weeks before the tests. Definitely, something to keep an eye on. I think my RBC is on the low side as I donate blood on a regular basis.

2 Likes

What month/year did you start? Don’t those graphs show an immediate drop followed by a steady recovery (with the noted exception of the most recent data point)?

I started in October 2021

Ah ok, that’s quite significant then

Desert Shores……from previous posts it looks like you are in great shape and got there on 10 mg. So what is reason to double to 20?

In general, my question relates to the fact that many people on here post good results…sometimes great….on 6 mg and then increase to 12 or even more. I understand doing that if no results in some reasonable period at the lower dose, but not so much if one gets good results.

I understand that there may be effects that are not really noticeable that might come at higher doses, but guess that given the unknowns might be better off with a pot of gold rather than trying to heap more on. But again, that is personal preference, I guess.