Rapamycin.news stats

Statistics from its five year existence:

2024 was clearly peak rapa news. C’mon people, poast harder!

One caveat here: The About page reported 204k total posts, this process found 152K. A number for the last seven days is also reported, and retrieving the actual publicly retrievable posts for that period also produced a much lower number, which matched this process. Apparently DMs are included in the About total, maybe there is a thriving DM community.

1 Like

What did you use (or where did you get) that summary? We have about 5,000 registered community members now.

Here are my latest Google Analytics summary from the past month - lots of readers (that has ramped as I ramped up the news / science coverage), but only a small percent are posters. We typically see between 200K and 400K unique visitors per month. I would encourage people with a strong interest and background in science and medicine to get more involved.

I’m thinking of changing the name of the site so that it’s less suggestive of a focus only on rapamycin (to reflect its broader focus on longevity hacking of all types). The Press coverage on Rapamycin clearly peaked in 2025, and has fallen off, and it’s going to be a few years before the dog and human clinical studies finally release any data.

I suspect a lot of people think a “rapamycin” named website is just covering rapamycin… so the current name is very misleading. Rapamycin is only a small part of what we actually cover.

2 Likes

IMO, there are two primary reasons for the slowdown.

One, we have explored and posted results and opinions on most of the realistic life extension drugs and supplements. Some, like statins, we have thoroughly flogged and beaten into the ground. So, until some new discoveries that have a major impact, as rapamycin did, things have become a little boring. I am not interested in another opinion about statins, VO2max, the pros and cons of this and that questionable drug or supplement. Currently, one of the main topics of discussion is whether or not we can continue to get drugs from India, which is not advancing the science of longevity.

Two, the influx of more educated members who are doctors, whether MD or PhD. This leads to fewer postings from laymen like me, who can only parrot what they have read or post anecdotal results and opinions. This is a good thing. I am here to learn from those more knowledgeable than me. I am limited mainly to opinion piece postings.

Bottom line: Maybe fewer, but on the whole, more educated postings, which in IMO is a good thing. I am waiting for something new to get excited about.

3 Likes