Rapamycin May Slow Skin Aging (Drexel U. Study)

“Ethoxydiglycol also goes by the name diethylene glycol monoethyl ether and is marketed under the trademarked ingredient name Transcutol®”
I got mine at Lotioncrafter.
I got the spray bottles from Amazon
Ethoxydiglycol | Lotioncrafter

https://www.amazon.com/Bottles-Refillable-Container-Essential-Cleaning/dp/B087Q5GMGX/ref=sr_1_1?crid=3K83YKZC64LQG&keywords=24+Pcs+Spray+Bottles+2oz+%2F+55ml+Clear+Empty&qid=1673479178&sprefix=24+pcs+spray+bottles+2oz+%2F+55ml+clear+empty%2Caps%2C189&sr=8-1

2 Likes

Thank you very much! Is it important to use the mixture up within a certain time frame?

That I am not sure of. That is why I make it in relatively small batches.

1 Like

I buy a small tub of high-quality skin cream and mix my rapamycin into that using the techniques described in this thread.

Why? You don’t know how much of the rapamycin is actually being dissolved or how much of the rapamycin is getting into the skin.

Looks like Healthspan is coming out with a Topical Formulation of Rapamycin Cream, for people who don’t want to DIY: DIY Rapamycin skin cream

4 Likes

Using EGCG is something I came across earlier, but it slipped my aged mind.
This reminds me to add it to the transcutol, which I think produces better skin absorption and rapamycin mixture. Liquid green tea extract which contains significant EGCG is available from Amazon. Now the question is how much should I add?

1 Like

Could it be that the used dose of rapamycin determines the effects?

Low dose & intermittent: more fibroblasts, extra cellular matrix, collagen, repaired fat cells.
Effect: repair of tissue.

Medium dose: scar removal.

High dose: atrophy of fat cells, fibroblasts, collagen.
Effect: stopping of any growth.

Just a thought.

3 Likes

Any idea how much their cream costs?

This might be a little bit off topic, I was with a friend this weekend and we went to the gym.

When I took off my clothing and put on my gym wear…my friend noticed and commented on my tanned skin. To be honest, I have been waiting for my tan to vanish as it typically does every year.

Not this year… already have a strong base.

The last time I was in the sun was in October, so literally 5 and a 1/2 months ago. He lives in Florida and was in the sun within the past few weeks and I was significantly browner.

Might rapamycin be extending the skin cells that produce brown pigment called melanocytes. The pigment that is produced is called melanin. So you keep melanin in the skin as a protective and anti-aging process? Or, something?

Thigh - leg area.

Waist band area.

Anyone else have a similar experience?

2 Likes

I would tend to think that given rapamycin slows cell turnover, that yes, tans would last longer.

Nothing too mysterious or out of the ordinary (but yes, perhaps unexpected and something we wouldn’t have thought about if you hadn’t brought it up).

4 Likes

I think this is more that your rapamycin cream is increasing your skin‘s sensitivity towards the sun. I noticed this when I was testing on one arm. You should always wear sunscreen when using rapamycin cream.

1 Like

My tan also lasts for a long time, much longer than before.

6 Likes

Exactly…so I am not crazy about this… it’s as if I were still tanning, which I do for a little more vitamin D. I know it goes against all anti-aging protocols.

But, rapamycin seems to be making my skin less crepey and thicker so i’m abusing it. Lol.

4 Likes

Which body parts are you using it on? Did you make the topical yourself?

2 Likes

Are you asking about Rapa cream? I made it myself and use it on face and hands. I added though other ingredients to it, like Metformin, l-carnosine, NMN. Not sure if it works. Don’t see any immediate changes, and the reason could be that I didn’t have any obvious problems to start with.

2 Likes

Any opinions on ultrasound devices and penetration of Topicals? I also don’t know, if the US can damage the rapamycin molecules.

all the founders of OneSkin are from Brazil; so their secret ingredient is rapamycin actually?

1 Like

I also noticed that after using rapamycin for a year, my melasma worsened and my skin turned black. So, my rapamycin has also been reduced and I have started using supplements that fight against melanin.

Rapamycin makes skin too sensitive for sun even with sunscreens imo. That’s why melasma is staying. I use sunscreens all the time and wear hats all summer long. Also take French pine bark, but melasma is still there. Will have laser treatment in October.

3 Likes