Rapamycin: Max and mean life span in yeast

I’m trying to find studies on rapamycin and it’s impact in yeasts max and mean life span in actual percentage. I have only found studies that show in a diagram that improvements in life span are achieved but I haven’t seen any specific numbers in percentage. Is there any studies about this?

1 Like

It wasn’t easy to find the data and I needed to make estimates from diagrams but this is what numbers I ended up with. If someone finds any other data or that these numbers are incorrect just post a message here or send a private message to me. All feedback is welcome.

Max lifespan improvement: ≈ 3 - 20%
Pubmed id:

Average lifespan improvement: ≈ 14 - 15%
Pubmed id

2 Likes

Thanks for posting this - I had not looked at the yeast data before. What is driving your interest in the studies of rapamycin in other organisms - like yeast and rats?

I find it interesting that the lifepan improvement in yeast is about the same as seen in mice.

I want to create a simple overview of different compounds and protocols on how they effect lifespan and healthspan on different species. Below you see what I have done regarding rapamycin in the moment. This is a way of better getting a grip of the longevity field, molecular pathways etc. If you are interested in helping out let me know or if you have any feedback to the data. When the overview is done we can post it here with references to studies.

2 Likes

Very interesting. Thanks for sharing.

1 Like

You can add marmoset monkeys too.

Metabolic consequences of long-term rapamycin exposure on common marmoset monkeys (Callithrix jacchus) - PMC.

2 Likes

Great finding, @pollux!