Rapamycin + Keto Questions

May I ask how you take your citrulline malate? I have about a pound of it sitting.
I was encapsulating it but the procedure became tiresome and I stopped taking it.

With baking soda, around 1 to 2 parts citrulline and 1 part baking soda. I take it around 30-60 minutes before cycling

1 Like

A good overview of ketone body Beta-hydroxybutyrate by Buck Institute researcher Eric Verdin:

and related…

There are various ways of experimenting with Ketones without going ketonic. Ketone Esther and MCT oil are two of those ways. In the end I personally think it is best to see what impact it personally has.

This may be repetitive, as posters have already mentioned taking HMB to avoid muscle wasting. But new research (in mice naturally) suggests that it may also be effective in preventing Alzheimer’s, which many regard as a fate they would rather not have.

https://www.cell.com/cell-reports/fulltext/S2211-1247(23)00728-3

Im experiencing loss of appetite and some loss of taste - any one ??

I think Rapa does contribute to loss of appetite. A side effect which I welcome and helped me lose about 30 lbs and keep it off. I don’t think I have ever lost my sense of taste, but I don’t need it for much anyway.

My problem with keto and Rapa was leg cramps when I went for a run. That was my worst side effect by far and I’m not sure if it was Rapa or keto since I started them at the same time. I have not had the trouble since I started running every other day and backed off the Rapa dose as well. But before that I think my body somehow got used to it anyway.

I also have noticed this lack of appetite but Im already too thin so its worrisome

In mouse studies they see a reduction of weight in the subjects taking rapamycin, but in humans generally we don’t see this. Some studies, and people, report a reduction in visceral fat while taking rapamycin (a good thing for most of us).

We’ve had a bit of a discussion on this topic here: Rapamycin and Visceral Fat Reduction

I have noticed a general lack of interest in food ( Maybe Im part mouse?)