Rapamycin in the context of Pascal’s Wager: generative pre-trained transformer perspective

AI and Rapamycin, changing the world together? Behold, the first AI-generated paper on rapamycin:

ChatCPTRapamycin.pdf (1.0 MB)

1 Like

Hahaha really… talking in circles… and the conclusion - in the end its your choice… pros and cons… choose wisely.

2 Likes

There’s good stuff and bad stuff and you have to weigh them and decide, so go see your doctor.

Last time I talked to my doctor about it he said “you know more about Rapa than I do”. Lol, I really don’t know enough, but it works for my arthritis and helps my brain so I’m in.

My youngest son has been raving about ChatGPT. He thinks it’s going to revolutionize education. I read it could bury google. They’ve got a ways to go.

4 Likes

My partner asked ChatGPT for a recipe for Christmas Cookies and it generated one. My pastor asked it for a Christmas Sermon and it was honestly better than 50% that I’ve heard, although replete with platitudes about Hope and Light. A professor friend said it’s taking over Graduate level written assignments. Which begs the question of whether you can tell a ChatGPT product from a human product. In my experience it doesn’t make arguments that are insightful and build to an emotionally satisfying conclusion. Only good writers can do that; thus ChatGPT is better than 50% of writers (75%?) but can’t hold a candle to masters.

3 Likes

Yes - the world of Artificial intelligence is coming on quickly now…

And a friend entered some photos into this website and it then pumped out hundreds of custom portraits (unique angles, haircuts, and clothing) of his daughter - all of which were pretty good. (for a total cost of $30 for hundreds of portraits).

Here is the website for the AI portraits:

3 Likes

More information on ChatGPT moving into academic research paper market:

Conclusion ChatGPT writes believable scientific abstracts, though with completely generated data. These are original without any plagiarism detected but are often identifiable using an AI output detector and skeptical human reviewers. Abstract evaluation for journals and medical conferences must adapt policy and practice to maintain rigorous scientific standards; we suggest inclusion of AI output detectors in the editorial process and clear disclosure if these technologies are used. The boundaries of ethical and acceptable use of large language models to help scientific writing remain to be determined.

2 Likes

Wow - valuation for a just-launched startup is off the charts:

But it, and others like it, are going to change the world quickly:

2 Likes