Rapamycin for longevity in people with In hsv-2

Would low dose (4-6mg) weekly Carry any unique risk in people with the HSV-2 virus.

1 Like

I don’t know if anyone here is really qualified to answer that question. But it seems likely that many organ transplant patients have likely had hsv-2 and taken sirolimus (and unfortunately this is where most of the data comes from - but for organ transplants such a virus is a much more serious situation - so there must be data out there on this issue, and doctors with experience in the area… but its going to be hard to translate the data from organ transplant patients to the broader population of basically healthy people who may have hsv-2 and who may want to take rapamycin.

Here is some research I’ve found by searching on “sirolimus and hsv-2 virus”

2 Likes

RapAdmin, I am in awe of your commitment on this page and on all the questions you try to help people with. You are awesome!

I believe that HSV and other spine hiding viruses (Epsteinbarr virus etc), has triggers during transplantation’s, accidents, amputations etc. because of the virus seems to have a connection to adrenaline/dopamine. When an amputation or something similar happens to a patient with HSV, normally it triggers a massive outbreak of lesions. even if you have had the virus dormant without a previous outbreak ever in your life. (the virus thinks you are dying and needs to jump ship to survive)
This is believed to be caused by adrenaline/dopamine triggers, I don’t think the virus has any effect on Rapamycin itself.

3 Likes

:point_up_2: this.

Altruism is a very rare quality

2 Likes

Yes, we are all indebted to RapAdmin for bringing us all together and for contributing so much to the rapamycin community. Thank you so much for all your hard work and wonderful website!!!

3 Likes

Thanks, i am enjoying it as much as you are. So many good discussions here…

3 Likes

I appreciate all the discussions, comments, suggestions, ideas from everyone but again, a big thank you to RapAdmin for making it all possible.

3 Likes