Rapamycin for Hair Growth and Hair Pigmentation

Continuing with your inquires SASH. I use my tonic at night as I am going to bed and after my shower in the morning for the work day. No scalp issues or root damage for the rest of my head of hair which is actually fairly thick, The topical mix does seem to heal any scalp eruptions - not create them.

The solution became more nourishing to the scalp and hair after adding the EGCG green tea and Resveratrol. So it might darken your hair. It washes out but over time could make a permanent stain to your hair. I actually like it. It looks richer and feels healthier to the touch.
So you can use the original mix minus the EGCG green tea and Resveratrol.

2 Likes

Thanks so much for sharing, Agetron! I may give the Rapa + DMSO mixture a try once I have some time available to prepare it. I have dark hair so I don’t think stains would show up and the green tea/resveratrol combo sounds nice also :slightly_smiling_face:
Your results are looking very good thus far: if you only started Minodoxil a few months ago you will likely see further improvements. On Reddit lots of guys combine Minoxidil with microneedling (there are many pictures with remarkable results). But microneedling the scalp must be quite a hassle.

4 Likes

Many thanks to Zazim for suggesting Reveratrol and DyingSucks for EGCG to the mix.

That stuff deepens and enriches the hair color, very naturally like a soft tint, texture is thicker and my scalp is less dry… without being oily.

Many colleagues have noticed the healthy difference. On ZOOM with my supervisor yesterday he commented on how great I am looking. Lol.

2 Likes

Another interesting article, focused on oral minoxidil, but with some additional information:

For example, Bauman himself swears by a recipe called Formula 82M, which is a topical combination of tretinoin (a retinol), fluocinolone (a corticosteroid), minoxidil, and finasteride. He’s been prescribing it in his clinic to what he says are astounding results for nearly two decades without FDA approval.

also…

One more thing to know: An oral ingestion of minoxidil can cause thicker, darker hair growth all around the entire body; it’s not like the drug knows just to target the top of your head. On one hand, maybe you can finally grow a real beard (which Bauman says he has witnessed in some patients), but on the other, maybe you need to dust off your body grooming skills.

Read the full article:

“Formula 82M” is a quick-dry alternative to over-the-counter minoxidil Rogaine solution or foam that doesn’t leave a thick greasy residue. 82M is a customized compounded prescription solution that contains the FDA-approved hair growth medication Minoxidil 5%, Tretinoin 0.01% for enhanced penetration and hair growth effect, the anti-inflammatory Fluocinolone 0.01%, an organic anti-androgen Oleanolic Acid and a sophisticated blend of powerful antioxidants, scalp conditioners and hair conditioners in a non-irritating propylene glycol-free base.

Formula 82M - Compounded Minoxidil Formula - 3 Month Supply, $261.00

1 Like

Another compound that looks interesting, and which is cheap and available generic:

Topical valproic acid increases the hair count in male patients with androgenetic alopecia: A randomized, comparative, clinical feasibility study using phototrichogram analysis

https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/abs/10.1111/1346-8138.12422

See this new thread: Rapamycin-Loaded Microneedles Reverse Hair Loss in Mice

How much Bimatoprost would you mix with a 2 fl oz of minoxidil?

How did this concoction do? Let me know plz.

I’m gonna stick with around .03% bimatoprost. I’ll keep you posted. I should be receiving powder in another week.

1 Like

Well, 2 fl oz is about 60 grams. If you’re dosing the Bimatoprost at .03% that would suggest about you multiply the 60 grams by .03% (i.e. .00003 X 60 = 0.018 grams per 60 grams of minoxidil). Is that right @hamtaro ?

Yep. Sorry, I was too lazy to type everything out. I’m also having it tested, just to be sure.

I sure hope so. Gonna test this out for a spin. I am the only male in my family who can’t grow a thick luxurious beard… and maybe this will help me out.

3 Likes

Just saw my hairdresser… she took my current pic just now.

Told me this is the most improvement in 3 1/2 months she has ever seen in her hairdresser career. Lol And, my hair has a natural looking rich brown look with blonde highlights… And no fake coloring or the hassle. .
Before

Pic May 10, 2022

Now

Front with my blonde highlights. Lol.
Pic August 27, 2022

Rocking my 64.5 years…

Done at gym… 6mg rapamycin with 1 cup fresh GFJ tonight… no workout for 1 1/2 days… 32 hours.

3 Likes

So as mentioned, I am doing in combination both my tonic which is 80% Minoxidol hair tonic… 5% Minoxidol.

I am also orally taking 1 pill of 2.5 mg Minoxidol. Dropped from 5 mg after swollen ankles… now normal again) . Combo hair tonic and pill was probably too much Minoxidol. Lol.

Doubling my odds. Lol. Heading right now to my daughter’s wedding… loving my thick hair.

For those who don’t want to get another prescription for Minoxidol pills… I discovered online that you can take an eye dropper of the hair soution - in juice orally… GFJ? Same effect. Hmmm.

Can you take topical minoxidil orally?

"Yes, but you will need to stop the topical minoxidil first to avoid overdose. Yes, but you should initially consider using both topical and oral together. Yes, and you should overlap use of the topical with the oral while it begins to take effect and to see if you can tolerate it before stopping the topical.Nov 22, 2021.

What do you think?

4 Likes

Okay. Inspired Agetron. Giving this a try. Is the dark glass bottle because the theory is light will disrupt the molecules? I don’t have one handy so using a mason jar covered in tinfoil :slight_smile:

2 Likes

The dark bottle is DMSO… but yes… it keeps light out… I use a different brown bottle for my tonic.

Expect a rich tint if you use the Reveratrol and EGCG (green tea).

You can skip those… but damn my hair has all the natural streaks of youth and silver is blonde on me.

My wife would be the first to call me out if it wasn’t natural. She asked if I dyedy my hair brown… I truthfully said… nope just the grey beard. End of conversation.

2 Likes

Had some Resveratrol and Egcg on hand so thought I would throw it in. If darkens my grey(s) all the better :slight_smile: will take some
before and after photos too.

3 Likes

Once you apply the DMSO hair tonic, do you rub it in with your fingers or just leave it?

1 Like

I use eye dropper application… then rub iit in… comb thru…old towel fluff dry… comb in place.

2 Likes