Rapamycin for Hair Growth and Hair Pigmentation

In the study they did of topical rapamycin cream (paper linked to in the first post in this thread) they tested, and found no systemic absorption of the rapamycin/transcutol/skin cream mixture - so I think that system absorption of rapamycin when topically applied anywhere on the body is probably not an issue.

1 Like

I think the amount being absorbed is highly diluted (4 mg in 3 fluid ounces) spread out use over a period of weeks, is somewhat like the topical cream on the face. In clinical trials rapa doesn’t absorb much deeper than intital surface… does not show up in any significant amount in the actual body system.

1 Like

That is correct, search the forum, there is a paper refence to exactly this study. No systemic absorption.

1 Like

So my odorless DMSO arrived today

Got my extra 4mg Rapamycin

Crushed it with pliers

Put it in the DMSO solution

It was very apparent the dissolving of the Rapamycin

Mixed with 70% of minoxidil 5%… in a glass bottle.

Will use tonight. Thanks Joseph… here’s to continued hair regrowth.

7 Likes

I love it… we’re all starting our very own home-based compounding pharmacies :wink:

9 Likes

We have a Skunk Works!

3 Likes

EXACTLY!!

skunkworks is a group of people who, in order to achieve unusual results, work on a project in a way that is outside the usual rules. A skunkworks is often a small team that assumes or is given responsibility for developing something in a short time with minimal management constraints. Typically, a skunkworks has a small number of members in order to reduce communications overhead. A skunkworks is sometimes used to spearhead a product design that thereafter will be developed according to the usual process. A skunkworks project may be secret.

3 Likes

2 Likes

So my hair is definitely thickening… coming in jet black… lol.

Screenshot_20220612-154141_Gallery

7 Likes

@Agetron , any update on your hair growth using Rapa/Minoxidil/DMSO solution results?

The above was my update… lol…noticeably thicker after showering… drying… and it is coming in black.

2 Likes

Going to mimic your process, but adding topical finasteride as well, will report back on the results, thanks for sharing.

2 Likes

FYI… Dimethyl Sulfoxide (DMSO) can burn so use just enough to dissolve the 4mg rapamycin… so ratio in bottle is 20% DMSO/rapamycin solution. Add 80% Minoxidol 5%.

Definitely you will feel it if it trickels onto your forehead or down side of face. Lol.

4 Likes

Ageless stop cutting your hair, cannot wait for the “rapa-look”!

7 Likes

Hmmm… my hair never looked like that even in my 20’s.
It is better lately… not perfect. Hahaha!

You never had Rapamycin back then

1 Like

Amazing. Add another + to blood donations. Cannot say I have any particularly epigenetically younger skin relative to peers. More interested inside anyway!

1 Like

Very good. My own is very similar:

My Rapamycin Skin Experiment:
So, ideally, if we’re 80 years old and our internal age clock says we’re really 50, we would like the skin of 50 year old. (Insert your own ages)
To that end, my protocol is to keep the rapamycin skin formula as simple and efficient as possible.

DMSO+rapmycin+water.
DMSO, because it acts as a carrier to get the rapamycin below the surface of the skin.
DMSO, because rapamycin will dissolve in it.
Rapamycin, because we hope it will have some anti-aging and restorative factors for the skin.
Water, because DMSO is miscible with water and you probably will find pure DMSO a little stinky and irritating in its undiluted form.

I feel adding anything else will affect the absorption of the rapamycin in a negative way.

Since this is experimental, the best ratios are yet to be determined.
This is my personal experiment and not a recommendation to anyone.

1. Crush as many rapamycin tablets as you can afford or want to. DMSO will dissolve a lot of rapamycin. I used 20mg of rapamycin.

2. Add the crushed rapamycin to 1 Oz. DMSO. Of course, the tablets have fillers that may not dissolve. I shook mine in a small bottle at let it stand overnight to dissolve as much rapamycin as possible.

3. Add 1 Oz. water and shake.

4. Take a fine strainer, such as a tea strainer, and strain the mixture into a small spray bottle.
    Do not use a paper filter such as a coffee filter or lab filter, it will just clog up. The strainer has to be fine enough so that it won’t clog the spray bottle.

I am applying it to my face, neck, and scalp in the mornings.
I have been using Tretinoin 0.1% cream at night off and on for the last year or so. It’s quite effective for fine wrinkles and repairing sun-damaged skin. I will forego this while I am trying the rapamycin.

8 Likes

Although the super long lived naked mole rat (for a rodent), has grotesque looking wrinkly skin (and dosen’t get any sun either). But I’d trade its longevity per lb and skin for mine in a heartbeat. Might have to drop Instagram posts though.

5 Likes

A twitter thread by Ian Mastres on how anti-aging drugs like metformin and rapamycin, etc. may help with hair regrowth:

2 Likes