Rapamycin for Hair Growth and Hair Pigmentation

Mine is a white lotion cream… lasts about a month … I use at night and after shower in the morning.

FWIW…

Add some retinol{Vitamin A

The additive effects of minoxidil and retinol on human hair growth in vitro

Sinclair mentions adding retinol to minoxidil in one of his podcast series he did at the beginning of this year {2022]

1 Like

Indeed, my cocktail also includes Retinol (omitted).

1 Like

MAC wrote: So this intervention was BOTH Minoxidil AND Rapamycin?

If so, how do you tease out Rapamycin only?

I don’t tease it out… it’s a combo treatment. Would it do the same with no Rapamycin? I don’t know. Just decided to use both…

I take 2 - 3 2mg tablets… crush them with neeedle nose pliers in a folded zip lock sandwich bag (so as to not cause powder to leak out)… pour it into the minoxidil and shake bottle good before use with dropper… just use on my front and crown. Brush it in with a good few strokes to stimulate scalp.

1 Like

Right, so we don’t know in your n=1 experiment if it was Rapamycin.

Whereas it’s clinically proven Minoxidil does work.

Next go around, do Rapamycin only.

1 Like

Add some DMSO as the carrier, rapamycin will dissolve very well and transport through the skin

1 Like

I have the extra pharmaceutical Rapamycin to use… so I did… my prescription is for 1 pill daily… I dont do the that… I do 5 pills weekly… so always extra.

Dimethyl sulfoxide thanks for the tip!

1 Like

On another thread, I upload a PDF copy of a medical book on DMSO titled;

“Dimethyl Sulfoxide (DMSO) in Trauma and Disease” by Stanley Jacobs

1 Like

I used transcutol and it was great. I have not tried DMSO - but I think I’ve heard it doesn’t smell or feel so great when left on the skin / face - can someone confirm or deny that?

They have available deodorizer DMSO.

Standard DMSO has a garlicky odor and taste

Purchase in glass{dark/blue glass] bottle, DMSO in plastic is not good, as the DMSO will pullout compounds from the plastic.

Thanks for those hints.

Just order on Amazon 2 for 1 in a bottle no scent pharmaceutical grade.

And, California Gold Astaxanthin Icelandic Source… has to be good stuff. Thanks Rapa Admin.

Some interesting papers…

https://www.cell.com/cell-reports/fulltext/S2211-1247(19)30699-0?sf214499969=1

http://folliclethought.com/ucla-studies-hair-growth-using-approved-drugs/

1 Like

From the above posted study.

“The unforeseen finding that supplementation of a metabolite α-ketobutyrate (α-KB) in old mice can increase longevity and prevent alopecia (Huang et al., 2016) suggests that rejuvenating aging or aging associated deficiencies may restore hair follicle stem cell function and hair growth in skin.”

The “Huang et al., 2016” reference is;

“Ketobutyrate compounds and compositions for treating age-related symptoms and diseases”

2 Likes

“Rapamycin, metformin, and alpha KG induce hair growth in mice, via autophagy induction.”

I have been taking rapamycin for 7 months, metformin for years, and Alpha KG for 4 months.
And unfortunately, the billiard ball continues to shine.

8 Likes

That was my dilemma – what was readily available (not a cream - like topical rapamycin) to make the powdered rapamycin pills soluble. Minoxidil seemed the perfect answer - each substance performs a different function on the follicle root. minoxidil treatment is a vasodilator, it widens the blood vessels to deliver more oxygen-rich blood to the hair follicles and also helps increase the size of hair follicles, which promotes the growth of thicker, stronger hairs. Rapamycin can stimulate to initiate anagen
and hair growth by small molecules that activate
autophagy. My thought - why not use both in tandem?

3 Likes

One is proven in clinical trials, the other is not. You don’t know which of your cocktail ingredients is responsible for the outcome. Not taking anything away from the result, just the science of causation.

1 Like

Exactly… my goal …to regrow… and keep thicker hair as long as possible. My hypothesis seems to be working.

I should have mentioned my past experience with minoxidol was pretty meh. For me Rapamycin seems to have kicked it up a notch. Phenotype… blood type all can give some a better result than others doing the exact same thing. Only 1 month in… let’s see what 3 months look like. Two more to go!

I will let the researchers figure out the details.

2 Likes

FWIW…

Agetron, dissolve the rapamycin in the DMSO first, then reduce to 50 to 70%{this is the best absorption % through the skin] Higher % of DMSO on skin is not absorbed well and on most people will burn/irritate are.

Rapamycin dissolves in DMSO at 200g per ml

“The solubility of rapamycin in 50/50 DMSO/water, as used in osmotic pumps, is about 0.5 mg/mL at ambient temperature.”

Rapamycin does not dissolve in water very well.

A PDF copy of the book titled;

"Dimethyl Sulfoxide (DMSO) in Trauma and Disease” by Stanley Jacobs is posted on this thread;

1 Like

My concern with mixing with rogaine is that rhe purpose of the rogaine solution is to penetrate to the follicle, at the dermis. So i assume this translates to systemic absorption. So wouldnt that also mean you are dosing rapamycin daily via your rapa/rogaine mixture? And do you think that could be an issue ?

1 Like