Rapamycin for Hair Growth and Hair Pigmentation

Hey Dan - So after discontiuning my tonic – I continued to use 5 mg oral Minoxidil daily and Finasteride every other day. I could feel my hair had really thickened and remains that way, so I think the oral medication has done a lot for maintaining thicker and healther hair - which is why I discontinued my tonic. Felt the oral was enough. It was not.

The region that the tonic helped was the very front of hair or forlock and crown. new fine hair growth was there and mid scalp.

That area is where I slowly lost ground.

Now… back on the tonic for a few months and the fine hairs are back in both regions. Can feel them with my fingers.

Just took these for you.

And lot of new growth - which is now black hair - never had black hair in my life.

Crown area is thickening again with the tonic.

Over all my hair is fairly thick on sides and back! At almost 66 years I guess I can’t complain.

So there is the update. Need a haircut really bad - been over a month… will look better trimmed up. LOL

7 Likes

The fine hairs are probably vellus hairs. You meed them to convert to terminal which requires the deminiturisation of the hair follicle. This is a protein production issue.

1 Like

I start out a lot more bald than you somethink like Norwood 6 or 7. The area where hair is regrowing at the moment, therefore, has been bald for over a decade. DMT has damaged the mitochondria in the cells and that damage has to be reversed.

You can see near the centre of this image some hairs which were initially vellus (with white tips) that have turned terminal. What I am finding is that once hairs start growing strongly in a pigmented form as long as I keep improving mitochondrial quality the miniaturisation process reverses (very slowly) and the hairs very slowly become thicker.

I have a photograph of this area from May that shows the changes. It is really slow and there is some form of cycling in that hairs appear to start up and then stop (and fall out) and then start up again.

The strong really short hair in this photo is the hair in the centre of the bottom of the picture above.

Has anyone here tried Adegen for hair loss?

Good stuff @Agetron. Doesn’t look like you lost much. I know how that feels to go backwards though and it is nerve provoking.

I have been keeping up with the ‘formula’. I added a weekly dose of micro needling and I added dutasteride to a bottle of the formula. I use right before the session. Apparently dutasteride is too big for topicals so micro needling helps get it into the scalp. Too soon to report much other than to say my hair feels thicker a day or two after treatment.

I built a LLT helmet a few years ago when they were super expensive. Been doing that 6 mins a day too.

Aka fighting the good fight. Here is to thicker fuller hair in 2024!!!

1 Like

Exactly Dan…

Losing your 6 months gains sucks… but I am back on track to retain and even add some.

I see dudes in their early 30’s with bald crowns and extreme frontal loss. I really can’t
complain…even with my higher testosterone from TRT, I am holding my own.

Very happy where I am at… definitely don’t want any losses. Trying to get maximum retention with little effort. I am kinda lazy… diet, gym anything that takes time and effort. Lol.

Keep me posted on your progress.

In the end, however, if it takes me 50 years to get my hair to a state similar to when I was in my 30s and my other bodily functions continue working effectively (I am currently stronger then I was in my teenage years for example). I will live with that.

5 Likes

I guess Rapamycin does regrow hair.

13 Likes

Dear experts,

adding a similar post in this thread as well, copied from a different thread about skin cream

I am planning to make a scalp serum based on products I have available.
see tab on “Available products”

Would anyone be so kind to comment on my suggestion below?
Should I add or change anything, in particular the dosing?

For daily application to scalp with dropper
Product Amount Comment
Minoxidil (Rozino) Topical solution 5% 50g
Propylene Glycol 35g Mixed with grinded Rapamune-tablets
Rapamycin (Rapamune 1mg tablets) 10mg In total, ca. 0,01% concentration in 100g serum
Hyaluronic Acid 99% 5g
Astaxanthin 10% powder 5g Astaxanthin 10% powder concentration yields 0,5% Astaxanthin concentration in serum
Biotin 100mg 0,1% biotin concentration. Copied from biotin skin cream, see link.
Ru58841 PSK3841 Powder 5g 5% concentration

I am based in Norway, and Propylene Glycol was easiest to get ahold of.

Thanks for any advice on the scalp serum.

3 Likes

If you’re using RU you might as well just add topical finasteride on top unless you’re on oral finasteride/dutasteride already.

2 Likes

Where do you get this?

2 Likes

From AliExpress:

https://www.aliexpress.com/w/wholesale-RU58841.html

1 Like

Propylene Glycol is bad news. Use a less harmful
viscous substance. Propylene Glycol in Skin Care: Safety, Benefits, Side Effects

1 Like

I got very bad heart palpitations from RU58841.

Be warned.

3 Likes

RU is one of those substances with very questionable safety and efficiacy data. It makes me facepalm hard whenever someone is afraid of finasteride because of “side effects” but instead uses RU, a topical anti-androgen which might go systemic, because of some anecdote on forum/subreddit.

4 Likes

There is even some studies on lung toxicity

He has some good data collection on the subject

3 Likes

If you ordered your RU58841 from aliexpress I would also be possible that the side effects came from possible impurities?

1 Like

I buy a lot of stuff on Ali but I only trust them on appliances and electronics—would never buy there anything I planned on ingesting or even topical pharmaceuticals. Some folks here are very brave indeed.

2 Likes

You may also try oral minoxidil 2mg per day, which is very effective and even more so when combined with topical applications. Any resulting unwanted body hair can be lasered away. Finasteride/dutasteride can be applied topically or taken orally and perhaps topical route could be a good option for a woman. Another option is if you don’t have access to finastride/dutasteride is topical Alfatradiol, which can be safely used by women, like ell-Cranell from galderma. Good luck!

2 Likes