Rapamycin and Grapefruit Juice

Ummm… testicular function one of the benefits of rapamycin the regeneration of gonads.
The Role of Rapamycin in Healthspan Extension via the Delay of Organ Aging By Yan Zhang
Age-related testicular atrophy
There are very few studies on rapamycin in male reproductive system aging. Only one study noted that rapamycin protected against age-caused testicular atrophy by increasing spermatid, spermatocyte, differentiating spermatogonia, and primary spermatogonia numbers ( Wilkinson et al., 2012 ). Overall, these studies suggest that rapamycin has the potential for protecting healthy aging of the reproductive system.

Seems to be working - :wink:

2 Likes

I agree the research on rapamycin and testicular function looks promising but if you’re on TRT with no breaks or HCG then testicular atrophy is unavoidable because you’re shutting off LH & FSH.

Again, this might not be a concern (presumably you don’t want a baby in your late 60s :grimacing:) but it does commit you to lifelong TRT because the testes won’t bounce back if you ever discontinue treatment. My slight concern is that the success of 17a Estradiol suggests more T might be better short/medium term but perhaps not for longevity.

2 Likes

Just checked – twice - hmmm… Nah. Same size and definitely full loads. So maybe rapamycin counters it of the effects or the Lecithin that I have been taking for about 3 years.

Might do an LH & FSH test out of curiosity… at some point.

2 Likes

your testes produce only a very small portion of the seminal fluid, it is mostly made up of fluid from the seminal vesicles and prostrate

3 Likes

I just posted my update…sorry for the delay. I hope the AWOL was worth it. :wink:

3 Likes

10 posts were merged into an existing topic: Rapamycin (& Other Longevity Drug) Pricing Quotes Wiki

I’m curious how your ApoB looks on TRT, do you have that tested?

1 Like

Nayngin (grapefruit extract can be purchased through Amazon in capsule form)

1 Like

Perhaps I missed the discussion here on grapefruit extract. So this can be taken before taking Rapamycin to increase dose?

2 Likes

There is a forum called
Naringin instead of Grapefruit Juice
Where I brought up this topic. I am doing this several hours before my rapamycin dosage to increase the systemic level (in theory because I have never measured my Rapamycin level)

2 Likes

Thank you for the link to the forum. Keep us posted on the Naringin experiment.

3 Likes

Out of curiosity, were you using your daily dmso/rapa hair tonic at this point? Given dmso’s ability to aid dermal absorption could your hair tonic have been giving you a systematic dose?

2 Likes

I have been using my hair tonic every 3 days lately - past 2 months. As hair benefits have been stable.

I don’t think that was causing a problem. But, you raise a possible point. Will recheck in 6months on a reduced amount of rapamycin - 12 ng.mL.

1 Like

Is there any possible liver toxicity mixing grapefruit juice and Rapamycin?

Not that I am aware of. The GFJ is used to nullify a gut enzyme that prevents 90% of Rapamycin you ingest from being absorbed.

With GFJ ingested 1-4 hours before Rapa dosing, that number drops from 90% to about 60-70%

However, it may also do the same for other common medications, so make sure you check your other medications first.

3 Likes

See this thread Improve Bioavailability of Rapamycin (2)

Hello forceofnature you asked: I’m curious how your ApoB looks on TRT, do you have that tested?

From blood test one month ago. A few points high… but my doctor says it is nothing.

4 Likes

Patrick, Do you mind revealing the names of these products that you take? Thanks.

Tongkat Ali, Turkesterone and Fedogia are double wood brands
DIM is SM Nutrition 200mg

Just a cautionary note. I have never seen any of the proponents of rapamycin recommend taking it in conjunction with grapefruit juice. Matt Kaeberlein and Dr. Green discouraged taking grapefruit juice. MB did not disagree, but at least acknowledged why some people did so (to save money

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3589309/bin/supp_120951_grape-bailey-1-at.pdf

3 Likes