Rapamycin and Dementia (not necessarily AD)

You certainly can give it a try. Just squirt a dropper of 1mg methylene blue into your 6-8 of juice. Methylene blue is a very potent dye it will turn 8 oz of water very blue. 1mL is towards the top end of the recommended daily dose.

1 Like

Definitely avoid more MRI’s, imaging tests or other out of pocket expensive and questionable tests/treatments offered by anybody, but specialized centers. A good review of experimental treatments was posted earlier by [PL_Brooklyn_NY].
Consider entering your wife in a trial of a new, experimental therapy for FTD, if she is a candidate for such a trial.

1 Like

Earlier I posted info on Withaferin-A.

Another constituent of Ashawagandha, withanolide A, has shown the unique ability to promote reconstruction of damaged neuronal networks. Ashwagandha extract and its components seem to have potential for preventing and slowing the two most commom forms of dementia.

And another constituent of Ashawagandha, Withanoside IV, has hown similar abilities:

1 Like

ok i will look into this. I looked at a couple reviews, and the whiners about the taste. From your name I would suspect you train. I did for 40 years, and took all sortsa supps/powders to improve muscle/stamina, and all sortsa stuff. so when I read people who are beginning to take something for their HEALTH, and their first concern is the TASTE, i laugh my butt off! What a bunch of whimps! My WIFE consumes all sortsa gunk that taste like it came out of my F150s oil pan! I have for YEARS! if it does what its supposed to do WHO CARES! Even NOW i take L-Arginine, powder first thing in the AM, like just aftr first cup of coffee., and i SWEAR it tastes like 3 day old dead MOUSE! But my oh my my BP is normal reading after years of it being a little higher than normal. So HERE’S TO DEAD MOUSE MOCHA at 7 AM! its a GREAT WAY to start the day MAKES YOU KNOW YOU’RE STILL ALIVE! so I will check out your recommendation, and thnks BB

1 Like

This later posts, is appreciated I will look into this as well and thanks

I just put the number of drops I want (about 8 or 9) into my morning coffee. No blue tongue.

2 Likes

Hi again, i went to amazon to look into Methylene blue. there is regular and “lab grade” that states that its “not for human consumption”. The lab grade is TREMENDOUSLY cheaper than the 'regular" and curiously the “lab grade” is 100% Methylene blue, with NO OTHER ADDITIVES, Meanwhile the regular grade(s) all contain trace elements, many of which are toxic (arsenic, cadmium, silver, formaldehyde, etc.) seems to me the lab grade seems best in spite of the warning (and there are several “testimonies” from people who take it w/ 0 side effects. Any suggestions?

FWIW:

Here is the brand I am using. It claims to be USP grade with no additives. “USP grade meets or exceeds requirements of the United States Pharmacopeia (USP). This grade is acceptable for food, drug, or medicinal use.”

Amazon.com

2 Likes

What was the name of the clinic? We’re going down there in a couple of months and while my girlfriend does have a clinic in a town close to it, given all the research you’ve done, I’d really appreciate knowing which of the clinics is reputable.

You might find this relevant.

3 Likes

Do you have knowledge of reliable brands of Beta hydroxybutyrate?

I’m very sorry for your difficult experiences and cusps to you for trying so very hard to help your wife. Now please don’t think me crazy when I tell you that the power of the mind is too amazing for words. Look into meditation and using implantation to implant suggestions of a cured situation into your subconscious mind, I call it my subconscious computer and I have used it all my life to stay healthy and to keep my family and my dog healthy. Start by buying the book called “The Secret” I taught my children from a very early age about using one’s mind to control one’s life, I have experienced miracles by using my subconscious. There are many books out there which illustrate how you can cure yourself and others . I sincerely hope this helps and I wish you and your good wife success in resolving your issue

Perhaps of interest:

Conclusion : The combination of telmisartan and rosuvastatin might be an effective prevention and/or treatment strategy for cognitive impairment and dementia, especially in hypertensive patients with the APOE ε4 allele.

3 Likes

I happened to be on both! (unfortunately). They also say that those who speak a few languages don’t get dementia.

1 Like

So has anyone tried rapamycin on someone with mild dementia? It is common for an 80-90-year-old, who seems ok but has subtle signs of dementia such as the development of confusion at night (aka sundowning).

1 Like

Perhaps of interest, in case you haven’t seen it already:

and

and: Rapamycin and Alzheimer disease: a double-edged sword?

Hi Charles, are you referring to stem cell ?

this is a little more specific than i am competent to address at this time, given the description in the “objective”. My wife has been diagnosed with BVFTD, and how that relates to her “genotype” is not something I have any idea? and she does not suffer from “hypertension”, in fact quite the opposite. as for other medications, she is taking nothing related to dementia. t If I am mis-reading this objective, or simply don’t comprehend its direct relevance my apologies. Believe me, i have researched a lot in the area but this is not familiar. thanks

1 Like

My wife was fluent in French, English and a little spanish. does that qualify?

1 Like