Rapamycin and Covid

I tested positive for Covid today. Just feels like a bad cold with some low fever. So far, not bad at all. By the way, I am vaccinated with a booster in Sept 2021–Moderna.

Question for the group. I take 20 mg of Rapamycin every other week. My latest dose was this past Monday (Jan 3rd). My next scheduled dose is Monday January 17th.

Just wondering if ok to take my next dose on 1/17 given diagnosed with covid or should I skip a week or two?

3 Likes

This is a really area that has little research on it… so I don’t think anyone knows. Probably not a bad idea to be on the safe side and push out the next dose by a week or two… depending on how long symptoms last. its not a bad idea to take a break every once in a while anyway. I used the booster shot as a reason to take a few weeks off from rapamycin dosing.

4 Likes

odds are that you will feel fine in a day or two, which gives you a full week to fully recover before your next dose…

1 Like

Thanks for the reply and the insights. Very helpful.

Quite obviously a timely issue. Would be helpful to hear if any are making adjustments to their rapamycin routine because of covid / omicron. I keep searching the internet but see nothing pro or con. My feeling is that most on this site are not reducing their intake probably based largely on Blagosklonny’s April 2020 (pretty old) article & Dr Green’s positive experience. I keep taking it but it sure would be nice to hear any recent update. I understand that doctors on this site would be unwilling to recommend it for covid, but it would be helpful to find out what they are doing for themselves.

https://twitter.com/LaraPo8/status/1480741239871913986?t=zN4bAuCCwo5utsLIe4YVAg&s=19

rapamycin inhibits viral replication (excess mTOR signalling) more than it inhibits the immune system.

3 Likes

I carried on as usual, got Covid end of December, then delayed taking the rapa again until I was closer to 100% energy levels (around 2 weeks). The actual Covid was mild - there was just a lag on energy levels returning.

2 Likes
1 Like

I tested positive for covid today 3 times. My symptoms are fairly light so far. I was supposed to go to the cardiologist for a stress test this morning so that’s put off. But anyway, Tuesday is usually my rapamycin day so I’ll at least skip this week and see how I feel. Very nice to have this forum where I can go and read opinions as rapamycin users are unique.

4 Likes