Prostate Cancer and Rapamycin?

I have a very specific situation. We are looking for advice on prostate cancer and rapamycin.

My family friend is 75 and male. He has been diagnosed with prostate cancer. He has a 4+3 Gleason score.

He is no longer considered a candidate for radiation treatment. He had the first of 45 radiation sessions, and it damaged his femoral nerve so badly that he’s having trouble walking. He’s having trouble thinking clearly. The docs don’t understand this reaction. They say, no more radiation treatment.

He has CBL-C disease, which is Cobalamin-C disease. This means, among other things, that he heals poorly. He is deeply knowledgeable about CBL-C and other biochemical pathways, which he’s studied for decades.

He is not a candidate for prostate cancer surgery, in part because of the CBLC disease.

Since the radiation treatment left him muddled, I’m posting for him. While he’s usually a crack researcher, with decades of research that’s kept him and his unusual body alive, he’s not able to focus now.

We’re looking for educated opinions about whether rapamycin might be a possible approach to his prostate cancer.

Also welcome is speculation as to why he might be particularly sensitive to that one dose of radiation.

Thanks in advance. (I am going to invite him to join this Forum, but because of the brainfog, he may or may not. Also, I am aware of this topic, but my friend’s issue seems much narrower scope to me.)

4 Likes

What did his oncologist say about Rapamycin for prostate cancer? And what did the Radiation Oncologist sat about the Femoral nerve damage?

1 Like

What did his oncologist say about Rapamycin for prostate cancer?

He has not yet brought up rapamycin up with his oncologist. He may, depending on what opinions surface here. He writes:

“All the docs were firmly in their boxes. They warned me that I had to be my own expert on CBLC disease in every way. CBL-C isn’t in common enough to have data on most things, and while everybody with CBL-C has certain mutations, there are lots of pathways that are individually unique within a set of effects.”

And what did the Radiation Oncologist sat about the Femoral nerve damage?

“We discussed the radiation nerve damage. He said ‘I have NEVER seen these symptoms at the very first radiation dose. It is normally at the end of the therapy (45 doses).’ I fear a second dose would put me in a wheelchair.”

1 Like

The no-brainer supps for cancer are Pecta-sol (modified citrus pectin), IP6-inositol, and Fenbendazole. Obviously check vitamin D levels and adjust up to maybe 60. Though I think it’s best to use a sperti lamp that is the expensive route.

I’m not a doctor, just have a couple close family members dealing with cancer now so have done a bunch of research.

Good Luck,

5 Likes

My attitude… at his age what does he have to lose as rapamycin is not seen as a medication with side affects. Very focused clean drug.

As to the neurological issues… rapamycin has been able to improve problems noted by several people on here… jutting jaw, dysphagia and Parkinson users.

As for memory improvement and fog reduction… rapamycin seems to help there too. For me memory is off the charts in improvement.

There you go!

4 Likes

Thank you. I’ll relay this.

He already uses the Sperti Lamp which gets him into into the 70 or so range.

2 Likes

Thanks. I’ll relay this.

1 Like

@Bicep What dosse of IP6-inositol is used?

Very familiar with pecta sol and IP6, but not fenbendazole.

I have used it for years to deworm domestic animals. The human form is mebendazole, and it works for cancer too, but people have been having good luck with fenben. There’s a facebook group and all. I can’t say how it works though I have sort of tried to read some papers on it. I don’t have a deep enough understanding.

I know you can take tremendous doses for years and not suffer any damage and you can buy it at your local farm store very cheap if you have the right attitude for that sort of thing. Otherwise they do make pills for humans and my wife knows the company that sells them too. I don’t use facebook.

I forgot to mention melatonin. The cancer doesn’t grow at night when melatonin is present, so they figured out if you give big enough doses during the day they could stop it then too. This comes from the Riordan clinic. They use repurposed drugs and supplements there to help people fight cancer. There are several companies that do that now.

I’ll do another post later with some details and links. I have to run an errand.

2 Likes

I think we’re using IP6 Gold with 800mg IP6 and 220 inositol.

1 Like

This is the Care Oncology web page for prostate cancer:

Looks like they use metformin, doxycycline and mebendazole instead of fenbendazole. I suppose because it’s labeled for humans. A bunch of others too.

Riordan is a really good clinic too:

https://riordanclinic.org/therapies/

Block Center:

These are all integrative cancer solutions that you can use when chemo looks like a bad idea. I think insurance covers it and when conventional treatment runs out (as it has for us) these solutions can work.

3 Likes

I know of someone who had prostate cancer and had great results getting their PSA score down to normal levels using prostaphane:

I do not know if prostaphane was the whole story but they continue to take it and blood tests have remained in normal range for over a year now.

5 Likes

Very interesting information on melatonin Bicep. Are there any studies do you know?

1 Like

Oh I saw it on a YouTube of Frank Shallenberger of the Riordan Clinic, he’s talking about research done by somebody else on mice. Start watching at about 7:40:

There was something else I ran across having to do with prostate cancer and melatonin:

https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/abs/10.1002/pros.20155

Melatonin looks to me like a winner for cancer.

5 Likes

Thanks. That was a fascinating talk and he certainly seems to have a great deal of experience with melatonin and cancer. I’m now persuaded to try much higher doses. He’s absolutely right when he states that it’s not the cancer- it’s the metastasis!

Joseph stated somewhere on this site that he’s known Frank for a long time. Will need to ask him about his impressions.

4 Likes

if this is his issue he needs to consider non-surgical ablations such as NanoKnife or Laser Ablation for the prostate gland. He absolutely should not allow himself to accept standard treatment of hormones and chemo without checking this out first. one place to look for info is www.thefocaltherapylinic.co.uk this is based in UK so likely not for him but it provides a lot of info from where to begin his search.

3 Likes

Sol, I read the Joe Tippens story years ago. I suspect it’s at least worth reading by you and your friend and I can’t find that he profits in any way by telling his story. The story is long and somewhat rambling, but I believe he is telling what he believes to be true about putting his cancer into remission. He tells about his protocol and his research in putting it together and I keep this protocol in mind in case I am ever diagnosed with cancer. His protocol includes Fenbendazole, melatonin, and a few other items. The link is https://mycancerstory.rocks/ . The story is told under the “Blog” link.

If you research “Joe Tippens” you will find quite a number of articles, including this negative one: How cancer patients get fake cancer information: From TV to YouTube, a qualitative study focusing on fenbendazole scandle - PMC . However, this article is based on interviews and comes from South Korea at a time when the word “Fenbendazole” was spreading like wildfire there. So, my opinion is that there may not be much scientific investigation or proof in the opinions that this article expresses. But, it’s probably worth reading too.

1 Like

Difficult situation to say the least. Regarding the Cobalamin C disease, I assume he takes methyl B12 and methyl folate? If not would certainly consider a trial of injectable methyl B12 which might help the radiation damage to the femoral nerve.
Rapamycin may help with both the cancer and the pain to more data would be great.
I assume he was getting radiation for local disease, nothing metastatic.
Another consideration would be low dose naltrexone/LDN which can help pain, along with many other benefits.
Good luck and let us know if you do try rapa whether it helps.

2 Likes

Regarding Joe Tippens, he was taking a checkpoint inhibitor cancer drug which probably got rid of his cancer. In a small percentage of patients, if the DNA matches the inhibitor, the inhibitor can eradicate the cancer completely. Based on my research, it was the checkpoint inhibitor that cured his cancer. It’s the only thing that makes sense.

Joe started taking Keytruda and that’s when his cancer disappeared.

2 Likes