Poll: When will Rapamycin go Mainstream?

Semaglutide first. No one I talk to wants rapamycin or empagliflozin. PLENTY of ppl want semaglutide.

3 Likes

Not sure how much they will cover rapamycin in this documentaries, but they are coming out soon I think. And, the results from the Dog Aging Study with rapamycin are due out in 2026.

3 Likes

You mentioned “a group of doctors” from the UK. Would you be able to tell us who these are as from what I see there’s only one doctor right now in the UK who is able to prescribe. Thanks

I believe that one doctor’s office is comprised of a few doctors. Sorry for the confusion.

1 Like

Perhaps more TV news stories (watch the video at the top of the news story) will make rapamycin mainstream:

Race Against Time: Could a pill really help you live longer?

1 Like

Brian, for what it is worth our Scooter a Goldendoodle has qualified for the Dog Aging Project, i.e. 7+ yrs old 50lbs, and will be in the study. I was reluctant because I am a believer and was reticent to get the placebo. Note: I just got my Sirolimus from India. Not a hitch and delivered in about a week. I will post the source under “where to get …”.
Fondy, Coach

3 Likes

Could you do a blood test from LABCORP and know what your pooch is getting… just a thought.

I think the dog aging study results coming out will be the tipping point.

2 Likes

There are different levels of mainstream, I think.

My prediction is: 5 years for it to become as mainstream as TRT. Basically, it will still be something that 98% of people don’t do, but something that is easily accessible by anyone who wants it.

I think it’s not going to become mainstream mainstream until there are human studies that show efficacy so that insurance companies will cover it. Most people are never going to take a drug that their regular doctor doesn’t prescribe and that insurance doesn’t cover.

3 Likes

Have you been to a Labcorp office to get your blood draw?

I suspect they’d quickly kick us out if we tried to bring a dog in there for a blood draw. I have this funny image in my mind of you sitting in the blood draw chair with a 80lb dog on your lap, trying to fit the blood pressure cuff on your dog and find the vein in his front leg…

2 Likes

Sorry…lol.
I live in rural Missouri where nothing is too much of a surprise.

Can a vet run the test… lol.

2 Likes

There are probably not a lot of dogs getting organ transplants I suspect :slight_smile:

1 Like

Not a dog owner…but… hip replacement, doggie chemo… so kidney replacement… maybe. Dog health insurance is real.

People treat their dogs like children. I am sure Matt K. is no different. He talks lovingly about his German Shepherds and TRIAD.

I chose five years, because the PEARL study on Aging and Rapamycin is scheduled to conclude in 2023. I figure it’ll take a while to analyze and publish the results, and assuming there are other studies underway, as well (what other ones do we know about, Rapa Community?), we should start to see some interest from the lay public–most likely because journalists of all types (healthcare, lifespan, business, “weird science,” biohacking, etc., etc.) will pick up on the wonders of rapamycin and start spreading the word. Totally guessing here!

3 Likes

The main issue for all of these treatments will be health insurance coverage which will require either “aging” be classified as a disease, or preventative care being covered by insurance. Need Medicare to cover these drugs.

2 Likes

Heard about Pine Bark on this site as a supplement…for a variety of good things nitrous oxide…antioxidant, improved libido, anti-aging … etc.

So I made my Pine Bark purchase what seemed to be one of the better companies. Life Extension.

This came in the mail… says it sells for $5.99 in US and Canada

Age-reversal up date had six pages of stuff. Including a page on our favorite drug… rapamycin. Image number #7. I will post it all here. Even had a bit on Mushroom’s aging benefits for Bicep! Will post that on his topic -

LOL.

Uploading: Life Extension 5.jpeg…

This is the rapamycin updates

Uploading: Life Extension 9.jpeg…

4 Likes

Funny, I chose 5 years - apparently like most people. Though this kind of thing will be non-linear.

It’ll quietly grow and hopefully we’ll get more evidence, studies…etc…

Then one day some huge celebrity will mention it and it’ll be on all the talk shows and a ton of people will be talking to the Dr. about it.

1 Like

In her interview with Krister - Joan Mannick says 2030… I think.

If you wait until it is ready…it is too late!

1 Like

Most of LSD usage is not for mood or cognitive function.

1 Like

Microdosing LSD has apparently become a bit of a thing here in the silicon valley among certain groups of people who want to be more creative. The evidence of efficacy seems questionable at best but … people do it.

Since the hippie days my perception is the LSD use has largely gone away, but I am not too well educated in this area.

1 Like