Pharmacies in the EU who will ship to another EU country?

Hi there,

I have a prescription for Rapamune here in Ireland, but the local pharmacies cannot find any suppliers for it, despite it being produced here in Ireland.

Has anybody in the EU been able to source it from an EU pharmacy and have it mailed to them?

1 Like

You could ask for an alternative eg everolimus

1 Like

Pharmacies will only provide the drug that is prescribe, not similar alternatives.

Has to be rapamycin/rapamune. Just looking for someone in the EU who has had it successfully shipped from another EU country.

That

That’s not correct and I get frequent calls as a prescriber from pharmacies if they can give an alternative (because supply or whatever reason). The pharmacy just needs to call the doctor that prescribed rapamune

1 Like

Hi there Sean,

I know that the pharmacy chain I work in (Sweden) can order it because our supplier carries it. Takes a few days to be ordered though.

Best of luck

1 Like

Thank you Sally. I found a pharmacy in France that supply it (which I haven’t ordered a different prescription from in the past). But they appear to have issues sending prescriptions here to Ireland as they are getting stopped by customs, which shouldn’t happen.

1 Like

I got my prescription a few days ago locally. It’s actually considered a special prescription and requires approval.

I’m going to get my bloods done beforehand as my consultant told me to make sure all my bloods are in order before starting it, which I think is wise.

Is there anything I should be aware of? Anything I should check? I’m on a single dose once a week.