PEARL / AgelessRX Rapamycin Trial Participant Feedback - So Far

The ageless RX study that I am on you receive either placebo, 5mg, or 10 mg. For 48 months. $360 total. When done if you were on the placebo you get the real drug.They have another study when this one ends that will compare 10mg to 20mg…

4 Likes

Ah, that does seem reasonable, even just for the data from the tests.

The link in prev post seems to indicate $150/month. I wonder if they got so much interest they realized they could charge more?

1 Like
3 Likes

Ageless is super stingy with my Acarbose prescription as well.

2 Likes

I am in this trial. Started 10/22. It looks to me that Ageless RX is just selling Rapamysin for $150 per month. The free doc visit will decide on the dose to start with. My understanding.

2 Likes

To clarify the PEARL trial. Not sure if I’m on placebo or the real thing.

1 Like

Hmmm my only cost $360 total, if on placebo you receive drug when done…

I started the trial 12/5/22

1 Like

Sorry for the confusion. Mine was $360 as well.

Same trial as you. The $150 is a different Ageless thing.

1 Like

Actually there’s two choices. $150 a month for the sirolimus starting at 2MG then progressing to 5MG or perhaps 8MG. Not sure of this but there’s also the $95 a month for the Compounded form of Rapa. Its less absorable so they start out with 5MG for the first month and then if all is well, it goes up to a 10MG compound for the next month and future months. AgelessRx also pays for your bloodwork that is required. I recently joined the trial. Im 75 and passed the bloodwork and other written questions they asked. Also started on Metformin two months ago. 1500mg of the Extended release form. I know if I were to ask my regular doctor about trying it, I doubt she would approve of it for me.

2 Likes

I am envious that they are giving you 1500 metformin. They only give me 1000. I may try the non-compounded rapamycin from ageless.

1 Like

Yep, OP here.
I got my husband in at the tail end of the enrollment period late last year. We each paid $360 to be in the trial that runs for one year. At the end of the year, there’s the big reveal to let us know whether we were on a placebo, 5 mg weekly, or 10 mg weekly. If we were on a placebo, I was told we would receive a one years supply of rapamycin to take post study. The $360 I paid for my participation included tons of blood tests, a biological age test, a gut health health test, and a DEXA scan. Those tests will be repeated at six months, and at the end of the trial. Of course during the first phase of the study, I had to go in for blood tests more frequently.
I am pretty anal about my health records and asked to get the results of the tests. It turns out that my biological age is 48, and my chronological age is 61! That was a nice surprise.

I’m female and I have noticed that after being in the trial for maybe 10 weeks or so? My clothes were noticeably looser, and my weight hadn’t changed. I feel more firm all over, and I am sensing that my muscle mass is increasing as the weeks go by. Of course I’ll find out for sure in a couple of months when I retake the DEXA scan. I also had a mouth sore on my lip early on, and I danced with joy when I saw it!

7 Likes

Dang I am at the 12 week mark, pretty sure I am not on placebo, mouth and skin sores, night sweats euphoric energy. However I have not lost a pound and don’t think I have gained muscle. I just turned 65. How did you get them to give you your starting age? I have been working with Virginia.

2 Likes

Ola! I too have not lost weight. I just feel a bit firmer overall and clothes are a little looser. It Is subtle.
I took a GlycanAge test upfront and asked Virginia for the results. That is what showed a 13 year younger result. My husband? Oh dear. His showed a few years older than his chronological age. Rapa to the rescue? :pray::crossed_fingers::sunglasses:

3 Likes

I am 18 weeks in the trial. I can’t tell if I’m on the placebo or not. I get my Dexa next month. My Glycanage was 24 y.o. and I am 69, turn 70 this month. Makes me wonder about the test. I’ll see what next month test shows. I do eat very clean. We’ll see. I did notice I’m sleeping through the night. I was getting up one time in the night prior to the trial. I would imagine if you were on the 10 mg you would be dropping weight, visceral fat, sooner than if on a lower dose. I had a lot of energy prior and no change there.

6 Likes

Oh, and no weight loss.

2 Likes

Did u mean to say you got paid $360 rather than had to pay $360 ? I thought most of those types of studies paid you !

1 Like

Nope I paid… lots of costs for blood tests, and the med included. If I am in a placebo I will receive the real thing when done. ( pretty sure I am on Rapamycin based on the side effects.)

4 Likes

Thank you very much! It’s all well and good for people to be self-experimenting, but all the data is corrupted by placebo effects, regression to the mean, a person’s individual health trajectory and risk factors, and the 30 other things they are doing in hopes of living longer and healthier. It’s only people like you, who sign up in clinical trials, that we will ever get any data worth anyone’s confidence, and encourage more doctors to prescribe it if it works and get people to stop wasting money and taking needless risks if it doesn’t.

3 Likes

You two are confusing two different things. The PEARL trial is an actual trial. The AgelessRx Rapa Protocol is an observational study of users, not a trial — but yes, they require you to be under their clinicians’ supervision, use their supplied drug, and take blood tests, for all of which they charge $150 a month.

4 Likes