Oreos vs Statin for Cholesterol Lowering: -71% vs -32.5%

Obviously that’s only applicable to LMHR (Lean Mass Hyper Responder = Low carbs + high HDL + high LDL + low TG) not FH phenotypes.

Oreos vs Statin for Cholesterol Lowering!
Brown: Oreos 12/d, Blue: Rosustatin 20mg/d

Ok just a fun N of 1 experiment but interesting and provocative anyway.

BTW any other LMHR phenotype here besides me?

9 Likes

Keto diet is killing people, basically.

4 Likes

For what it’s worth… after I take my supplements at night which I only take every other day. I figure that residual dose lasts at least one day in you.

Post supplements… about 12 in all, I always have two oreos and a glass of cold milk then go to bed.

I purposely don’t supplement on rapamycin night every week. Now doing 2 mg zydus and GFJ of one red grapefruit weekly… getting 12 ng/mL.

1 Like

If you start from the false premise that you need to lower cholesterol, you will proceed to all sorts of false conclusions.

2 Likes

What premise are you refuting, exactly? That decreasing LDL / apoB isn’t good for decreasing heart attack risk, all cause mortality, improving lifespan, etc?

1 Like

Yes, just about the entire medical and pharmaceutical industry is claiming you need to lower cholesterol.

2 Likes

So you believe that decreasing LDL or apoB won’t decrease your risk for heart attacks and improve your longevity? I don’t care what claims others are making, I am asking what you are claiming.

1 Like

I do have a similar issue and have been very low carb for a couple years. Try taking a quarter teaspoon of alpha cyclodextrin a while before each meal. It costs a whole nine cents. In the worst case it turns into short chain fatty acids in the end. It seems to have really helped my numbers, though I can’t rule out that it’s the beta cyclodextrins and they are expensive and require major commitment.

2 Likes